Mayor Of Philadelphia Wants Nick Foles to Start ... Week 1

Published | Updated
081418_jim_kenney_eagles_kal
STICKIN' WITH FOLES

The Mayor of Philadelphia knows his football -- and tells TMZ Sports when the Eagles kick off the regular season, he wants to see Nick Foles under center ... not Carson Wentz.

Of course, there's a bit of a QB controversy in Philly -- Wentz is an absolute stud but Foles got the job done in the playoffs and was named MVP of the Super Bowl.

But, Mayor Jim Kenney says it's not a debate in his mind -- he wants to see Foles as the starter ... no disrespect to Wentz.

In fact, Kenney says he knows Wentz is still nursing that knee injury -- and he doesn't want to see Carson rush back before he's absolutely 100% healthy.

In a way, it's actually a compliment to Carson.

Either way, a problem choosing between 2 studs is a good problem to have.

Tim Tebow Birthday Wishes ... From Miss Universe GF

Published | Updated

Still no birthday sex for Tim Tebow ... but the former Heisman Trophy winner got the next best thing for his 31st -- best wishes from the hottest chick in the galaxy!!

Of course ... Tim's been dating Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters -- aka Miss Universe 2017 -- for a while ... and FINALLY, Demi made it Insta official, with DLNP wishing Tim a happy birthday Tuesday.

"Happy Birthday Timmy ❤️," she wrote.

"You are such a bright light in so many people’s lives. Have the best day ever!"

Tim's been smitten with the 23-year-old South African for quite a bit ... telling ESPN back in July, "She is a really special girl and I am very lucky and blessed for her coming into my life."

Seems like an engagement COULD be coming ... which means for Timmy's next birthday, maybe he'll finally get to cross home plate!

LeSean McCoy Accuses Ex-GF You Jacked My Kobe Shoes!

Published | Updated

LeSean McCoy accused his ex-girlfriend, Delicia Cordon, of taking his prized Kobe Bryant sneakers during their heated eviction war ... but she claims he's full of crap.

Cordon is the same woman who was pistol whipped during a robbery at McCoy's Georgia home back in July -- an incident she has strongly insinuated was orchestrated by LeSean.

Before that incident, McCoy had filed court docs seeking to have her evicted from the home -- claiming they had broken up and he wanted her gone. She resisted and now Cordon has filed court docs of her own.

In the docs, Cordon claims McCoy illegally removed roughly $10,000 in furniture that she owned during a "wrongful eviction" back in June -- and she wants it back.

She also claims McCoy accused her of stealing his Kobes -- a claim she adamantly denies.

"Ms. Cordon does not know anything about Kobe Bryant sneakers nor would she have a reason to take Kobe Bryant sneakers," her lawyer wrote in an email to McCoy's attorney.

The case is set to go in front of the judge Tuesday -- McCoy is not expected to attend in person since he's at Bills training camp.

Stay tuned ...

Boxer Jermain Taylor Off the Hook In Dom. Violence Case ... Accuser Goes AWOL

Published | Updated

Former boxing star Jermain Taylor just scored a W in his domestic violence case -- prosecutors dropped the charges against him after the accuser suddenly stopped cooperating with authorities.

Taylor -- the former undisputed middleweight champ -- was arrested back in July 2017 for allegedly biting and threatening to kill his ex-girlfriend, Ashley White, during an argument.

White told police she pepper sprayed Taylor when he took her cell phone -- and he broke it when she tried to call for help. She also claimed Taylor chased her out of the house and down the street.

Taylor was initially charged with felony terroristic threats, misdemeanor domestic battery and interference with emergency communication.

But, White went off the grid about a year ago, according to prosecutors who told the court they had been trying like hell to speak with her in order to prosecute Taylor.

Prosecutors said they went to her home, left messages and spoke with family members -- but nothing panned out.

On Monday ... prosecutors decided without White they couldn't get a conviction -- so, they moved to drop all charges against him.

Taylor is still technically serving a "suspended sentence" stemming from a different incident -- when he pled guilty to 9 felonies in crimes committed between 2014 and 2015.

Terrelle Pryor Punked Badly By Ex-Teammate ... At Redskins-Jets Practice

Published | Updated

Redskins star D.J. Swearinger just snatched Terrelle Pryor's soul -- throwing a fake punch at the NY Jets wide receiver ... who FLINCHED like a biiiiiiiiiiiiitch in front of everyone!!!!

It all went down at 'Skins camp in Richmond, Virginia -- where Washington had a joint practice with the Jets. Remember, Pryor was a complete bust last season in D.C. after signing a 1-year, $6-MILLION deal.

The 'Skins obviously haven't forgotten that ... 'cause after the wideout lost a rep to defensive back Montae Nicholson ... they talked all kinds of trash -- and then D.J. Swearinger stepped in.

The Washington safety gave T.P. his thoughts ... and then hit Pryor with the ultimate fake punch -- that left Pryor (who was wearing a helmet) covering up in fear while both teams watched.

Pryor's been having a rough camp in NY ... and we're guessing this ain't going to make things any easier.

Ice up, T.P. Ice up.

Indians' Leonys Martin Stable Condition ... After Life-Threatening Infection

Published | Updated

Great news for Leonys Martin ... the Cleveland Indians outfielder is expected to make a full recovery just days after being hospitalized with a life-threatening bacterial infection.

Martin was placed on the 10-day disabled list last week after falling ill. He complained that he wasn't feeling well, but clearly didn't know the seriousness of the situation at the time. Doctors later discovered Martin had a bacterial infection that had entered his bloodstream and was causing his organs to shut down.

The Tribe released an update on Martin's health on Tuesday ... saying he's "made considerable progress and is currently in stable condition."

"The medical team is optimistic that he will make a full recovery, but progress is expected to be slow," the team says.

"The collective focus is to help Leonys return to full health, and there have been no considerations regarding a timeline for his return to baseball activities."

Get well soon.

Fabricio Werdum Khabib 'Will Kill' Conor

Published | Updated
081318_fabricio_werdum_kal AUGUST 2018
A** KICKING

Khabib Nurmagomedov is going to MURDER Conor McGregor when they face off at UFC 229 in October ... this according to former UFC heavyweight champ Fabricio Werdum.

The 41-year-old legend was at LAX when we asked to pick a winner in the upcoming superfight -- and Werdum didn't hold back.

"I think Khabib will kill Conor McGregor," Fabricio told us ... "For sure."

Werdum says when it comes down to it, Khabib is a great fighter and built tougher than his Irish opponent.

Not everyone agrees with Fabricio ... UFC Hall of Famer Urijah Faber is going with McGregor -- telling TMZ Sports he's got one major advantage Khabib won't be able to overcome.

It's all set to go down October 6 in Las Vegas.

NFL's Sean Smith Released from Jail In Street Fighting Case

Published | Updated

Ex-Oakland Raiders star cornerback Sean Smith is a free man -- he was released from jail Tuesday morning ... roughly 5 months into his 12-month sentence.

Smith has been locked up since March 13 -- when he pled guilty to felony assault in the brutal attack of his sister's boyfriend during a July 4, 2017 incident in Pasadena, CA.

031318_sean_smith_kal
CUFFED AWAY

The victim suffered major injuries including 5 facial fractures -- and required major reconstructive surgery including having a metal plate inserted into his face.

Smith was initially scheduled to be released on Sept. 5 due to good behavior and overcrowding -- but he caught an even bigger break ... getting out almost a month before that.

So, what's next for Smith? He's only 31 years old and was in the middle of a $40-million contract at the time of his arrest.

In theory, a team could snatch him up -- if they're willing to take a chance on a guy convicted of a very violent crime.

Shaunie O'Neal Thwarts Home Intruders 'You're On Camera, Smile Bitch!'

Published | Updated

9:43 AM PT -- Cops took a report for prowling and say there are currently 2 suspects. The men were scared away when Shaunie confronted them using her home security system.

Shaq ain't the only crime fighter in the O'Neal family -- his ex-wife, Shaunie O'Neal, spotted some dudes allegedly trying to break into her home ... and used her security system to scare 'em off!

Shaunie spotted two dudes skulking around the property -- and activated the 2-way speaker on her Ring video surveillance system to yell at the intruders.

"What are you doing?" Shaunie said calmly ... "You're on camera. Smile bitch!"

You can see the "Oh crap" look on one of the perp's face -- both men immediately turn tail and book it out of the home.

Shaunie, hoping for some public shaming, posted the footage to social media, saying, "Listen did y’all forget @Shaq is partners with @ring and made sure the kids and I had cameras everywhere."

She added some hashtags -- "#igotudummy #smileBitch #ihateathief #weonyoass."

Sean McVay GF Rocks Tiny Bikini ... While Rams Practice

Published | Updated

Wanna know the best part about Rams training camp being at UC Irvine?? You're lookin' at it.

Here's Veronika Khomyn -- the smokin' hot girlfriend of L.A. Rams head coach Sean McVay -- finding ways to pass the time while her man figures out ways to get Todd Gurley into the end zone.

The team's training camp facilities are just a few miles from Laguna Beach (yeah, where they shot that MTV reality show back in the day) ... so Veronika decided to throw on her bikini and catch some rays.

Some background on Veronika -- she's a 28-year-old Ukranian model who started dating McVay back when he was an assistant coach with the Washington Redskins.

The two moved out to California together when he got hired for the Rams job -- and judging by these pics, she's loving the move.

So are we.

Deontay Wilder Done Negotiating With Joshua ... He Doesn't Want To Fight!

Published | Updated

Deontay Wilder says he's done talking with Anthony Joshua's camp about a possible superfight down the road ... telling TMZ Sports Joshua's a LIAR who doesn't actually want to fight!!

Wilder and Joshua are the two biggest names in boxing right now ... and both Joshua and his promoter, Eddie Hearn, have told us recently a superfight between the two WILL happen.

But, now Wilder is throwing the brakes on all that talk ... telling us Joshua really DOESN'T want to make the fight work.

"These guys have lied about so much stuff it's crazy," Wilder says.

"Everyone knows who tried to make the fight, who really wanted to fight. A blind man could see the situation with this, and we're done with it."

Deontay says he's moving on and solely focusing on his next fight -- a November bout with Tyson Fury in Vegas.

BUT ... Deontay does tell us he's going to knock Fury out early in the night ... soooo, the possibility for the superfight WOULD still be alive after that.

Just sayin'.

T.J. Dillashaw & Henry Cejudo Clash and Talk Trash ... In TMZ Newsroom

Published | Updated
081318_tj_dillashaw_henry_cejudo_v2_kal
THE STARE DOWN

Two UFC champs came face-to-face in the TMZ newsroom on Monday -- talking all sorts of smack to each other ... and begging Dana White to let them settle their beef in the Octagon.

Henry Cejudo had called out T.J. Dillashaw at UFC 227 -- saying he'd come up in weight to fight T.J. for his bantamweight title. T.J. says he's 100% down.

We invited both guys to appear on the "TMZ Sports" TV show (airs weeknights on FS1) and they accepted ... and the sparks immediately began to fly.

T.J. said he'd knock Henry the hell out, and Henry shot back, "Be careful what you wish for."

T.J. also said a fight with Henry would be "easy money."

Henry said he'd destroy Dillashaw on the ground or on his feet.

It got a little crazy when they squared off right inside the newsroom -- despite the stupid faces Evan was making in the background.

Dak Prescott QB's Dad Arrested for Weed

Published | Updated

Dak Prescott's father was arrested for possession of marijuana over the weekend in Texas ... where he was forced to pose for a mug shot.

For weed.

57-year-old Nathaniel Prescott was driving on Highway 87 in Orange County, TX -- about an hour and a half outside of Houston -- when he was stopped for a traffic violation.

During the stop, troopers discovered weed (less than 2 grams!) in the driver's side door of his Cadillac Escalade and arrested Prescott for misdemeanor possession ... a Class B offense.

Prescott was hauled to a nearby station where he was booked and posed for a mug shot. He was eventually released on $500 bond, according to KFDM's Peter Eliopoulos, who broke the story.

FYI, recreational weed is legal in 9 states. Medical is legal in 30 states.

C'mon Texas.

Wrestler Tessa Blanchard Calls Parents ... After Winning Impact Knockouts Title

Published | Updated
081318_tessa_blanchard_after_fight_kal
PROUD PARENTS

Here's a really cool moment caught on video ... Impact wrestling star Tessa Blanchard FaceTimed her parents seconds after winning the Knockouts Championship -- and we've got the footage.

It all went down on Sunday at the Impact Wrestling tapings in Toronto (which airs August 30) ... where Tessa won a triple threat match against Allie and Su Yung for the belt.

081318_tessa_blanchard_kal
MAKING AN IMPACT

Moments after the match, she called her step-father -- former NWA legend Magnum T.A. -- who couldn't have been more proud of Tessa, who he trained up over the years.

It's a pretty special moment.

23-year-old Tessa is wrestling royalty -- her biological father is Tully Blanchard, a WWE Hall of Famer, an original member of The Four Horsemen.

Tessa's grandfather -- Joe Blanchard -- was also a pro wrestler who won titles during his heyday back in the '50s, '60s and '70s.

James Harden Named In Police Report After Alleged Nightclub Fight

Published | Updated
081118_james_harden_KAL_v2
HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM

TMZ Sports has learned ... James Harden has been named in a police report filed by a woman who claims she was roughed up by the NBA star at a Scottsdale nightclub -- and she has video.

The woman claims she was partying at Mint nightclub on Saturday morning when she claims a member of Harden's entourage got involved in a fight -- and when James noticed she was recording, he grabbed her wrist and snatched her phone before throwing it on the roof so she couldn't sell the footage to TMZ.

She says at some point Harden noticed she was videotaping the action and demanded that she delete what was recorded. She says Harden said he knew her endgame was to sell the vid to TMZ.

The woman claims Harden threw her phone on the roof of the club, and then a member of Harden's crew came up to her and offered her $200 for the phone. She took the money, and then she says Harden came up to her and handed her another $300.

We're told security personnel eventually broke up the fight. When things settled down she climbed up on the roof and retrieved her phone, which was still recording. The woman later went to the hospital where she was treated for a wrist injury.

A rep for the Scottsdale PD tells TMZ Sports a report was taken and the investigation is ongoing. Law enforcement sources tell us Harden is named in the report but he has NOT been named a suspect at this point.

We reached out to Harden multiple times -- but no one in his camp wanted to comment.

Houston Texans Cheerleaders Bikini Barbecue ... Part 2!!

Published | Updated
081318_texans_cheerleaders_kal_v3
GRILLIN' AND CHILLIN'

Who's hungry?!!

It's that time of year again -- the Houston Texans cheer team just threw their annual bikini BBQ (awesome) ... and TMZ Sports has all of the amazing photos and video.

You're welcome.

Every year (starting last year), the cheer team gather for some bonding, barbecue and bikinis before the NFL season kicks off.

It's a better tradition than the Masters.

This year, the ladies kicked things off with a special group strawberry-eating session (awesome) -- followed by some bubble blowing, model poses and mimosas.

As for the main course, the ladies threw some turkey burgers on the grill -- and gave us a breakdown about why they axed red meat from the menu.

So, where were the Texans players during the party? Not invited -- this shindig was "cheerleaders only" and to prevent any unwanted party-crashers ... it all went down at a "secret location."

Thank god for cameras.