Nikki Bella & John Cena It's Over ... Once and For All
Nikki Bella and John Cena are officially donzo, and that's not based on her reality show ... that's what they're telling friends in real life.
Sources close to the former couple tell TMZ ... the exes are telling friends their on-again-off-again relationship has finally gone kaput because they've grown apart ... figuratively and quite literally.
Remember, while Nikki was filming "Total Bellas," John was tied up in China ... and that distance further fractured their already-teetering relationship.
Our Nikki sources say she also realized while watching Sunday's finale of 'TB' how unhappy she was and hated the feeling of being confused and living in a gray area. Watching that high level of uncertainty reminded her why she ultimately chose not to walk down the aisle with John, despite his pleas.
We're told Nikki doesn't regret her decision, but dating someone new is the LAST thing on her mind. She's now focusing on her career. We broke the story ... Nikki's moving out of John's place and finding her own spot.
See also
Kliff Kingsbury Responds to Baker Mayfield ... 'I'm a Huge Fan'
-
EXCLUSIVE
- 134 shares
Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury heard all the unkind things Baker Mayfield said about him on his new docuseries -- and now, he's got some quotes of his own for his former QB.
As we previously reported, Mayfield said Kingsbury treated him GREAT at TT during his freshman year ... only to kick him to the curb when he suffered a knee injury during a game against Kansas.
Both Baker and his father went in on Kingsbury during the FOX Sports series 'All The Way Up' -- and said the final straw was when TT refused to offer him a scholarship, despite racking up 5 wins as a walk-on.
We reached out to Kingsbury for comment and he told us:
"I’ve always been a huge fan of Baker and loved working with him. He had an incredible career at Oklahoma, and I wish him nothing but continued success as he begins his NFL career."
High road, to say the least ... but he also isn't disputing any of the claims Mayfield made on the show.
See also
Trae Young Buys $138,000 Audi ... With First NBA Paycheck
-
Breaking News
- 1 shares
Trae Young bought a new car ... and as the NBA's newest star -- he spared no expense on the whip -- dropping over $138k on it!!
The Atlanta Hawks' top draft pick showed off the ride -- an Audi R8 -- over the weekend ... as it arrived to pick him up from the airport with his folks.
"My First Purchased Car for myself is here!!!" Trae wrote on social media. "My parents Surprised me with it. #Blessed!!"
It's matte black ... and with all the bells and whistles on it -- it could have cost him over $200,000.
Not that the price tag worries the 19-year-old ... the #5 overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft just signed a contract with the Hawks that guarantees $11.6 MILLION over the first 2 years.
#Ballin'
See also
Odell Beckham Sues I'm The Victim of $1 Million Shakedown
"As one of the most famous athletes in the country, Mr. Beckham presents an enticing target for shakedown artists."
That's how Odell Beckham has opened his new lawsuit against a man allegedly trying to extort the NFL star for $1 MILLION.
Beckham is suing Ishmael Temple -- who claims Odell is responsible for a brutal 2017 attack at Beckham's Beverly Hills home that left him with serious injuries to his face. Temple says the men who beat him up were working for Odell at the time and the NFL star did nothing to stop it.
But, Odell claims Temple is full of crap -- and, in new court docs, claims Temple and his attorney were only after a huge payday ... and threatened to ruin Odell's reputation by leaking salacious allegations about him to the media if he didn't pony up.
Beckham claims Temple initially demanded a $999,999 settlement -- but then lowered the asking price to $225k.
"Suffice it to say, Mr. Beckham refused to be extorted," the lawsuit claims.
Beckham has denied ANY wrongdoing and is now suing Temple and attorney Emmanuel Nsahlai for civil extortion. He does mention a specific dollar amount -- but it's obvious he's going for the jugular.
See also
Alex Trebek Answer: THIS Guy Should Replace Me As New 'Jeopardy!' Host
Alex Trebek can't host "Jeopardy!" forever -- in fact, he says there's a good chance he'll retire from the show soon -- and he's already got a replacement in mind ... with a very fitting name.
Trebek talked to Harvey Levin on the latest episode of 'OBJECTified' Sunday night about his legendary career as a game show host. He says chances are more than 50/50 he'll leave "Jeopardy!" when his contract expires in 2020, and when he departs ... he thinks the LA Kings hockey announcer should take over.
Who is Alex Faust? CORRECT!
Trebek's support would obviously carry a lot of weight ... he's deeply involved in the production of the show and his blessing would clearly sit well with viewers. Plus, having the same first name has its benefits.
Faust, who is just 28, already has some experience replacing icons -- he was chosen to replace Hall of Fame broadcaster Bob Miller after 44 seasons to do play-by-play for the Kings ... and has apparently impressed Trebek with his work.
The "Jeopardy!" host has one other option in mind -- CNN legal analyst Laura Coates. Obviously, she has less in common with Trebek than Faust ... but he thinks she'd be a good fit as well.
See also
'Will & Grace' Star Give Josh Hader a Break For 'Silly' Homophobic Tweets
"Will & Grace" star Leslie Jordan is calling for people to FORGIVE Brewers pitcher Josh Hader for his homophobic and racist tweets ... saying everyone's guilty of saying dumb things when they're young.
Hader was booed in San Francisco Thursday night over the tweets he posted in 2011 -- when he was 17 years old. The tweets included the n-word and very anti-gay rhetoric.
He later apologized, saying he was "immature" and has changed since then.
But, Jordan -- who's openly gay -- says the whole situation is "silly" because you can't define people by what they do at age 17. In fact, Jordan says he was an alcoholic as a teenager and couldn't imagine the things he would have posted if Twitter was around back then.
"People say things. Come on, we were kids. We didn't know. We said all kinds of things when we were kids and to bring all that up ... that's just people hunting for stuff."
See also
Charles Oakley Catches Break In Gambling Case ... Not Off the Hook
Prison's officially off the table for Charles Oakley in his casino cheating case -- but he ain't outta the woods just yet.
TMZ Sports broke the story ... the ex-NBA star was arrested at the Cosmopolitan in Vegas on July 8 after officials say he changed his bet after the outcome of the game was known.
Our sources have told us Oakley pulled a $100 chip back after he realized he was going to lose.
Oakley was initially charged with attempting to commit a fraudulent act in a gaming establishment -- and faced up to 6 years in prison if convicted.
But now, the Clark County District Attorney tells us the charge has been reduced to misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
And, while the new charge carries up to 6 months in jail if convicted -- it's unlikely he'll spend another minute behind bars.
We reached out to Oakley's camp -- but his attorney had no comment.
See also
Baker Mayfield Rips Kliff Kingsbury You Treated Me Like Trash
Baker Mayfield opened up about why he hates his former Texas Tech coach, Kliff Kingsbury, so much -- essentially saying the guy kicked him to the curb when he got injured during a game.
The QB pulled no punches in his new FOX Sports docu-series, 'All The Way Up' -- saying Kliff treated him like a god when he stepped in and won 5 games as a freshman walk-on back in 2013.
But, when Baker sprained his MCL against Kansas -- Mayfield says everything changed.
"It went from being 'the guy' for Coach Kingsbury ... and then when I got hurt, it just changed a little bit ... not a little bit, a lot."
"All the sudden it was as if I hadn't played for him, hadn't done anything for him. It was just different after I got hurt."
Baker's father says the coach "completely withdrew his contact" with the QB after the injury -- "He didn't talk to Baker. He didn't include Baker in the meetings."
But, Mayfield says what REALLY pissed him off was when Texas Tech officials told him they didn't have a scholarship for him after that season ... despite the fact he was 5-0 as a starter.
"I've invested a lot into this and now you're telling me you don't have a scholarship for a guy who won 5 games after choosing to come here? That was the final straw for me."
Baker transferred to Oklahoma the next season -- and the rest is history.
See also
Shaq 'Kobe's Coming Back'
JULY 2018
These are actual words that came out of Shaq's mouth Sunday night -- "Kobe coming back. You heard it here first."
Is he messing with us? Probably. Then again, maybe not??
But, probably.
Shaq was leaving the Budweiser LIVE 5-on-5 charity basketball tournament in Downtown L.A. over the weekend when we asked the 46-year-old if he would ever consider a comeback.
The Diesel shot that right down ... but then cracked a big grin and told us, "Kobe coming back I heard. Kobe coming back! You heard it here first!"
There have been rumblings about 39-year-old Kobe Bryant coming back to the Lakers for one more season alongside LeBron James ... but it's super unlikely.
Then again ... maybe not?
By the way, the basketball event raised money for the Folds of Honor Foundation -- which provides scholarships to spouses and children of U.S. military personnel who've been killed or wounded in action.
See also
Dennis Rodman Drops Kim Jong-un Bomb Joke ... at Bruce Willis Roast
Dennis Rodman went nuclear on Bruce Willis at the Comedy Central roast -- and he used his friend, Kim Jong-un, as a punchline.
Everyone knows how seriously Rodman has taken his relationship with the North Korean dictator over the years -- but, when Dennis took the stage, he targeted Bruce with a bomb joke.
"Bruce, you keep making these f*cking bombs. Well, guess what ... so does Kim Jong-un. But at least Kim is smart enough not to release his."
It wasn't the only time Rodman referenced his dealings with North Korea -- he also told Martha Stewart the next time she gets locked up, he can help secure her release.
Dennis also dropped some penis, vagina and stripper jokes ... and praised Ed Norton for banging Salma Hayek.
Good times.
See also
Lionel Messi Soccer Keep-Away With Dog Twice His Size
Who's a good boy?!? Lionel Messi's dog, apparently.
The 31-year-old soccer superstar played a little keep-away from his furry friend in his yard Monday ... and it's all fun and cute -- until you realize the dog could end him at any time.
Hulk (appropriately named) is a Dogue de Bordeaux ... and weighs well over 100 pounds. If you're unfamiliar, Messi is pocket-sized, standing at 5'7" and weighing just 159 lbs.
So, neat tricks, Lionel ... but all of Argentina would probably be happier with a nice game of fetch.
As for Hulk ... belly rubs and treats all around for not killing one of futbol's biggest stars!
See also
James Harden Dayclub Dance Party ... Is That a Coffin?!
Wanna see James Harden turn up and dance his face off at a dayclub party in West Hollywood? Well, here ya go!
The Houston Rockets superstar hit up Penthouse Dayclub on Sunday -- where stars like Diddy and Ja Rule were partying ... but all eyes were on Harden!
Harden was definitely the life of the party -- despite the fact someone busted out a coffin in the center of the club at one point.
Didn't kill the vibe though -- at the end of the party, our photog says Harden left the club with a whole lotta chicks ... so, maybe he needed two cars to get 'em all to the next location!!
Swaaaaag!
See also
Floyd Mayweather Sr. I Got Hitched!! ... Secret Vegas Ceremony
-
EXCLUSIVE
- 685 shares
Floyd Mayweather Sr. is now a married man -- TMZ Sports has learned the 65-year-old tied the knot in a low-key ceremony back in February ... and we've got the pics to prove it!
Sources connected to the situation tell us ... Floyd and Lois Ann Roberts hit up the Stained Glass Wedding Chapel in Vegas on February 4 and swapped "I Dos" in a very quick and quiet ceremony.
The place offers special Elvis-themed weddings -- but Floyd opted for the more traditional option. Too bad!
We're told Floyd's famous boxing superstar son was NOT at the wedding. However, our Mayweather sources say Floyd Jr. is really fond of Sr.'s new wife -- they've known each other for decades and he considered her family even before things became official.
Sooooo ... congrats!!!
See also
Daniel Cormier Greatest Heavyweight Ever? ... Cain Velasquez!
Daniel Cormier says he considers himself the Michael Jordan or LeBron James of the UFC ... but when it comes to the greatest heavyweight of all time -- that title goes to Cain Velasquez.
Of course, DC is reigning heavyweight champion of the world -- but tells TMZ Sports he doesn't feel he's done his best fighting at that weight.
Cain -- on the other hand -- is a 2-time UFC heavyweight champ with impressive victories over guys like Brock Lesnar, Junior Dos Santos and Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva.
He also has the record for most knockouts in the UFC heavyweight division!
As for Cain possibly wrestling in WWE ... DC has thoughts on that, too!
See also
WWE's Grandmaster Sexay Brian Christopher Lawler Dead at 46 After Suicide Hanging
Former WWE champ Brian Christopher Lawler -- aka Grandmaster Sexay -- has died after hanging himself in jail this weekend.
Lawler's mother, Kay, tells TMZ Sports Brian passed away Sunday surrounded by family and friends after being placed on life support Saturday night following a suicide attempt in jail. He was surrounded by his father, Jerry Lawler, his brother, Kevin, and other family.
We're told he died around 3:40 PM CDT.
As we reported ... guards found Lawler had tried hanging himself in his jail cell outside Memphis. He was taken to a hospital where he remained in critical condition until late Sunday morning.
Lawler was arrested earlier this month for DUI after leading cops on a chase. As we first told you ... cops say he reeked of booze and had an open 12 ounce can in his center console, and they arrested him on the spot. Bail had been set at $40k.
Brian had a successful run in the WWE himself, mostly known as the other half of popular tag team Too Cool and as Scotty 2 Hotty's longtime wrestling partner. They won a tag team championship together.
WWE released a statement on Brian's death, saying "WWE is saddened to learn that Brian Christopher Lawler, who is best known in WWE as Too Cool's Grandmaster Sexay, has passed away. Lawler, who is the son of WWE Hall of Famer Jerry "The King" Lawler, competed during the height of the Attitude Era. WWE extends its condolences to Lawler's family, friends and fans."
He was 46. RIP
See also
WWE Hall of Famer Nikolai Volkoff Dead at 70
WWE Hall of Famer Nikolai Volkoff died this weekend.
His onetime ring partner, The Iron Sheik -- with whom he won WrestleMania I's World Tag Team Championship in '85 -- confirmed in a tweet Sunday that Volkoff had passed away.
MY BEST FRIEND. MY PARTNER. MY BROTHER. WE GET MORE HEAT THAN ANYONE ON EARTH. I TRUST HIM WITH MY LIFE. HE TAKE CARE OF ME WHEN I WAS DOWN. I MISS YOU FOREVER 💔 pic.twitter.com/pp7ZgQRDnb
@the_ironsheik
Volkoff, who's real name was Josip Nikolai Peruzović, wrestled in the WWWF from 1968 to 1971 where he won a tag team title in 1970. After that, he went on to wrestle singles ... and later returned to the WWWF between '74 and '80 and then again for a second time in '84.
Volkoff had a successful run teaming up with Sheik in multiple wrestling events between '84 and '87 as well as other wrestlers in the years after. He went back and forth between foreign heel and hero through the '90s and eventually scaled back wrestling through the 2000s ... although he did make appearances in WWE.
Although he was Croatian, Volkoff was portrayed as a Russian ... and would often rile up the crowd by singing the Russian National Anthem.
WWE released a statement on Volkoff's passing, saying in part ... "As one of the greatest villains sports-entertainment had ever seen, Volkoff’s infamous rendition of the Soviet National Anthem before his matches made him an instant icon in the eyes of the WWE Universe as a Superstar they truly loved to hate ... WWE extends its condolences to Peruzović’s family, friends and fans."
Volkoff was inducted into the WWE's Hall of Fame in 2005. He was 70 years old.
RIP