Yankees Stars, Celebs Raise $1 Million At CC Sabathia's Softball Game

Published | Updated

Yankees nation rallied together for CC Sabathia on Thursday -- using their star power to raise $1 MILLION for the pitcher's charity organization ... despite a torrential downpour!

Stars like Jennifer Lopez, Alex Rodriguez and Victor Cruz teamed up with Aaron Judge, Amar'e Stoudemire, Saquon Barkley, Leslie Jones and Mariano Rivera to play in a softball game at Yankees Stadium.

And get this, Meek Mill's attorney Joe Tacopina also got the VIP treatment -- posing for pics with the likes of Giancarlo Stanton. Tacopina was actually named co-MVP of the game!

There was also a moment of silence to honor Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz -- the teenager who was stabbed to death by gang members earlier this month in the Bronx.

CC's charity -- PitCCh In -- focuses on helping underprivileged kids in inner city communities.

Nice work!

LeBron James Risks It All ... JUMPS OFF A CLIFF!

Published | Updated

Here's something no Laker fans (or even Cleveland fans) wanna see -- LeBron James throwing himself off a cliff!!!

But, yeah, it happened ...

LeBron and his superstar kid, Bronny, scaled a cliff in Anguilla on Thursday and essentially dared each other to jump ... which is insane considering the whole risk/reward thing.

LBJ Jr. showed pops how it's done -- jumping without hesitation -- but, when it came time for Daddy to go, he froze up like J.R. Smith in Game 1.

Don't worry, Bron eventually took the leap ... after trying to hype himself up while standing on the ledge.

"It's all about America goddammit," LeBron yelled ... "LET'S GO! LET'S GO! LET'S GO!"

One final war cry -- "BLACK EXCELLENCE!!!"

And then, he jumped.

Bron later commented, "Excuse my language."

At least he didn't hurt himself ...

Amar'e Stoudemire Gunning for NBA Comeback ... 'I Feel Great'

Published | Updated
062918_amare_stoudemire_kal
I'M READY

Amar'e Stoudemire says he's not ready to walk away from pro basketball -- telling TMZ Sports he's aiming to return to the NBA next season.

The 35-year-old big man hasn't played in the Association since May 2016 -- but, he kept himself busy playing overseas and now he's competing in Ice Cube's BIG3 league.

But, Stoudemire believes there's a solid market in the NBA for a veteran big man -- and he's ready to get back to work.

"I feel great," Stoudemire told us at CC Sabathia's charity softball game at Yankees Stadium ... "I feel like I'm in top shape."

If the NBA doesn't work out, Stoudemire says he'd considering playing in Israeli basketball league again ... but, it's clear his priority is the NBA.

By the way, we just spoke with BIG3 commish Clyde Drexler who says Amar'e definitely belongs back with the best players in the world.

Johnny Damon Mets Should Call Up Tim Tebow 'He Knows How to Win'

Published | Updated
062918_johnny_damon_kal
HE'S YOUR BEST CHANCE

Johnny Damon says it's "unfortunate" that the NY Mets still suck -- but he's got a plan to help right the ship ... TIM TEBOW!!!!

"He knows how to win," Damon told us at CC Sabathia's charity softball game at Yankee Stadium.

Tebow's kind of on a hot streak for the Binghamton Rumble Ponies -- the NY Mets Double-A affiliate. He's on a 5-game hit streak and he's batting .375 over his last 10 games (his season average is .256).

But, Damon -- the former NY Yankees star -- says he thinks Tebow is ready for the big show. More importantly, the Mets need him!

"If they wanna sell tickets and have someone who knows how to compete to win on any given basis -- whether it's on TV, whether it's on the baseball field or the football field ...he knows how to win."

And, if you're thinking Damon's just saying that because he wants the Mets to fail ... not the case! Damon says he grew up loving the Mets and actually wants to see them do well again.

By the way, CC's event raised money for the PitCCh In Foundation -- which helps out inner city youth.

Rob Gronkowski Brady Loves #AssEatinSZN 'Cause 'He's a Wild Man!!'

Published | Updated
062818_rob_gronk_kal
HE'S THE MAN!

Rob Gronkowski is giving Tom Brady 2 giant thumbs up -- in the air, that is -- for coming clean about his penchant for ass eating, sayin' ... ya can't really blame the guy.

We saw Gronk at LAX and had to ask him about his QB seemingly admitting to eatin' the booty ... and he wasn't the least bit surprised, because, "He's wild. He's a wild man."

Gronk was fighting like hell to contain his laughter about Tom's response to Barstool Sports' #AssEatinSZN post -- but made sure we knew, "It's great, he likes to eat ass."

Translation: No shame in the booty game!

But Rob's favorite part of this whole sitch has to do with WHEN Tom chows down. Clearly referring to Gisele getting out of the shower (Barstool's words, not ours) ... Gronk said, "I'm glad he likes it fresh."

He also has an opinion on whether Tom will catch crap ... in the locker room, that is.

So, there ya have it -- Brady's TE signs off on Tom's love of tight ends. The end.

UFC's Brian Ortega To TMZ Staffer: Cool If I Choke You Out?

Published | Updated
UFC's Brian Ortega to TMZ Staffer, Cool If I Choke You Out?
PUTTIN' THE HURT ON

Brian Ortega isn't just puttin' a hurtin' on other UFC fighters ... he'll also choke out a TMZ staffer.

The UFC superstar joined the guys on the "TMZ Sports" TV show (airs weeknights on FS1) -- where one of our producers (Lucas) asked Ortega if he could be a human crash test dummy for a live demonstration of a rear naked choke.

Ortega obliged ... and the office went nuts!!

Don't worry, Lucas is alive (he's actually proud of himself!)

Make sure to check out the entire segment on FS1 where Ortega has some words for his UFC 226 opponent, Max Holloway.

The two square off in Vegas on July 7. Ortega is undefeated 14-0 but Max hasn't lost a fight since 2013.

Check out "TMZ Sports" weeknights on FS1.

Kyle Kuzma Wants to Stay In L.A. Trade Rumors Don't Bother Me

Published | Updated
062818_kyle_kuzma_kal
GO WITH THE FLOW

Kyle Kuzma knows all about the rumors that he could get shipped out of L.A. -- but tells TMZ Sports he's not bothered by the trade talk ... and assures Lakers fans he wants to stay put.

The NBA star was leaving lunch at Via Alloro in Beverly Hills on Thursday where he told us he can't focus on front office stuff he can't control -- his only option is to work on getting better as a player.

We also talked about Stephen A. Smith's report that LeBron reached out to Kevin Durant about joining the Lakers together ... but Kuz said he ain't buyin' that one at all.

One thing he is excited about ... Zion Williamson -- the high school prodigy who's playing at Duke next year.

Kuz saw the crazy dunk from the free throw line -- and, just like the rest of us ... he can't wait to see the young man ball out at the next level.

Kellen Winslow Jr. Bail Denied Over Judge's Fear He's Like Tom Cruise

Published | Updated
062818_kellen_v3_kal
INSIDE THE COURTROOM

The judge in the Kellen Winslow rape case just denied the ex-NFL star's request to be released from jail and put on house arrest because he's afraid Kellen could escape with some 'Mission Impossible' trickery.

Yes, we're serious.

Winslow's lawyer told the court that Kellen's house is equipped with a surveillance system -- and they'd be happy to give prosecutors full access to monitor the ex-NFL player at all times.

But, the judge shot that down -- in part because he saw Tom Cruise in a 'Mission Impossible' movie fool the Russians by tricking the cameras ... and he's worried Kellen could pull off the same move.

"So, what about all these movies I watch like Mission Impossible and stuff like that where they create this endless loop?" the judge said in open court.

"So the guy, like the Russians watching something ... he sees everything is fine and meanwhile, Tom Cruise and all his folks are going around the scene and doing all this stuff."

Yes, the judge is worried Kellen Winslow will use spy tricks.

Kellen's lawyer assured the judge, "Tom Cruise isn't on our team yet."

Ultimately, bail was denied. Kellen remains in jail until his next court hearing.

This message will self-destruct in 5, 4, 3 ...

DeAndre Hopkins Donald Trump Too 'Closed-Minded' To Listen To NFL Players

Published | Updated
062818_deandre_hopkins_kal
MORE THAN JUST A FLAG

Texans superstar DeAndre Hopkins says there isn't much chance NFL players and Donald Trump will ever have serious talks over their issues ... 'cause D-Hop says POTUS is too "closed-minded" to listen.

We got DeAndre -- who was one of many in the NFL last season that knelt during the national anthem -- out at LAX and he explained to us why the league's spat with Trump might never end.

"I think Trump is more closed-minded and he thinks the reason that we're kneeling is because of the flag," Hopkins says. "When that's like not at all the reason we're kneeling."

Hopkins and other NFLers have said repeatedly their actions are in protest to social injustices in America -- not the flag or the military ... but that's something Trump just can't seem to understand.

"I kneeled last year and one of my best friends is a Purple Heart veteran and my uncle is a Purple Heart veteran and they understand that it's not about the flag."

"But, when a general person like that makes it look like, 'Alright, they're doing this because of the flag.' Then of course his followers are going to think the same. But, that's not the case at all, you know?"

DeAndre says he's sure NFL players will ignore the new rule the league just put in place -- seemingly in part because of Trump's issues with it all -- and will take knees during the anthem once again this season.

"I've seen a couple owners that said they would pay for the fine, so respect to those owners that said they would pay for our fines because they understand why we're kneeling."

Zion Williamson Makes It Like Mike ... Dunks From Free Throw Line!

Published | Updated

Zion Williamson did his best Michael Jordan impression Thursday ... throwing down a hammer dunk -- after taking off from the free throw line!!

It all went down at Zion's high school gym in Spartanburg, SC -- where he's put on a few dunk shows this summer.

The Duke commit took a running start from one side of the court ... planted his toes on the free throw stripe -- and stretched out like M.J. in Space Jam for the throwdown.

FYI ... it's 15 feet from where Z took off to where he landed ... and for good measure -- he put down a left-handed windmill to show it was no fluke.

No word on Coach K's thoughts yet ... but we're callin' it here -- that's impressive!!

Jameis Winston Apologizes for Uber Incident ... Blames Alcohol

Published | Updated

Jameis Winston is apologizing to the Uber driver who claims the Tampa Bay Bucs quarterback sexually assaulted her during a 2016 ride ... and now says he's "eliminated alcohol from my life."

Winston opened up about the incident Thursday -- right after the NFL formally suspended him for 3 games for the incident.

The Uber driver had previously claimed she picked Winston up from a bar area in Scottsdale, AZ and took him to a drive-thru restaurant ... where he forcibly grabbed her vagina.

"First and foremost, I would like to say I’m sorry to the Uber driver for the position I put you in," Winston said in a statement.

"It is uncharacteristic of me and I genuinely apologize."

Important to note -- Winston never denies the allegations in his statement but we've learned he's privately telling friends he did NOT grope the woman.

The NFL doesn't believe him -- and said in a statement of their own that an investigation showed Winston "[touched] the driver in an inappropriate and sexual manner without her consent."

Winston's statement continues ... "In the past 2 1/2 years my life has been filled with experiences, opportunities and events that have helped me grow, mature and learn, including the fact that I have eliminated alcohol from my life."

It's interesting, considering Winston's past -- he was accused of raping a woman while a student at Florida State. That case was ultimately dropped because the investigation was a mess.

Winston's statement regarding the Uber driver continues as follows ...

"I know I have to hold myself to a higher standard on and off the field and that I have a responsibility to my family, community, and teammates to live above the platform with which God has blessed me. I apologize to my teammates, the Buccaneers organization and fans for letting them down and for not being able to be out there for the first three games of the season."

"Although I am disappointed in the NFL’s decision, I understand the NFL’s process, and I embrace this as an opportunity to take advantage of the resources available to help me achieve the goals that I have for myself."

"I now look forward to putting this behind me and I will continue to work hard every day to be a positive influence in my community and be the best person, teammate and leader I can be."

NFL Owner Jerry Richardson Fined $2.75 Mil For Being a Scumbag at Work

Published | Updated

Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson has been hit with a $2.75 MILLION fine by the NFL for workplace misconduct -- misconduct which included sexual harassment and racist language.

The NFL says an investigation into Richardson substantiated the claims made by Panthers employees who claimed Richardson sexually harassed female staffers and used the n-word.

The NFL says the investigation -- led by former U.S. attorney Mary Jo White -- also showed the improper conduct in the organization was limited to Richardson.

In other words, they don't believe it's a staff-wide problem.

As for his punishment, the NFL says Richardson's massive fine will mostly go to organizations that support domestic violence and sexual assault victims ... as well as places that fight racial discrimination.

Richardson is still technically the owner of the Panthers -- but he's agreed to sell the team to David Tepper and that sale is expected to be completed in the next few weeks.

Suns Player Jared Dudley Phoenix Has No Chance At LeBron ... It's 'Cleveland Or L.A.'

Published | Updated

Devin Booker ... DeAndre Ayton ... Josh Jackson ... Elfrid Payton -- that sounds like a team LeBron could get down with, right?!?!

"Zero percent chance," Suns vet Jared Dudley says ... "Bron's not coming to Phoenix."

Well, OK then ... where is he going??

"Cleveland or L.A."

We got Jared on Rodeo Dr. earlier this week ... and despite the Suns loading up on young talent the last year or two -- Jared says there's no way in hell LBJ comes to the desert.

"Zero percent chance. He's not coming to Phoenix."

Dudley says it's OK, though ... in fact, he guaranteed Phoenix will be back in the playoffs in no time.

But ... ya gotta admit -- sure woulda been easier with the game's best player.

Wayne Rooney Makes It Official With D.C. United ... 'Let's Get To Work'

Published | Updated

Wayne Rooney -- one of the most famous soccer players in the world -- has made it official ... he's joining D.C. United ... and his first game in the MLS is in TWO WEEKS!!

The team announced Rooney's arrival with a dope hype video ... titling it, "#NoWayneNoGain."

The ex-Everton star is a British legend on the pitch ... and his arrival has plenty of people gassed up for American soccer -- including Rooney himself, who says, "All right D.C. Let's get to work."

But, not everyone's as charged up about the move ... with Alexi Lalas telling TMZ Sports just a month ago that there's no way Rooney's arrival will "move the needle" when it comes to MLS interest.

Rooney's first tilt is July 14 against Vancouver ... guess we'll see who's right then.

Kendall Jenner Shacking Up With Ben Simmons ... In $25k/Mo. Rental

Published | Updated

Kendall Jenner and Ben Simmons haven't confirmed they're an item yet, but they're already eating from the same fridge, apparently.

Sources tell us the two have been holing up in a $25k/month rental in L.A. It's unclear whose name is on the lease, but they've both been spotted coming in and out of the ultra modern crib frequently, and we're told the lease term is for several months.

The 5 bedroom, 6 bath home has a pool and is centrally located near the Grove and trendy Fairfax area, which explains why they've been spotted around town so much.

Kendall recently purchased Charlie Sheen's old Beverly Hills home, but she's putting some of her own touches on the crib, so this could be her crash pad in the meantime.

The listing was held by Shay Gozlan and Rudy Malka of Living the Dream properties.

Tekashi69 Begs Mexico For World Cup Spot 'I'm Deadass Good'

Published | Updated

Tekashi69 claims to be "so deadass" good at soccer -- he thinks Mexico should put him on the roster to face Brazil in the World Cup.

And, yes ... it's all on video!

The rapper put his rainbow hair in a bun and hit the pitch to show off his skills -- from a terrible penalty shot to flopping ... to that prayer thing players do when they take the field.

It's mostly bad ... until he plays goalie.

6ix9ine says he was dope as a kid -- and doesn't look completely unathletic when he's blocking shots in this workout.

Of course, he's working on a small goal and the shooters are mostly little kids ... and the video is super edited ... but still, it coulda been worse.