LeBron's Wife Hit Australian Fashion Show ... While Cavs Lost
LeBron James had a rough night ... but his wife was LIVING IT UP in Australia!!
Savannah James was spotted at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Sydney, Australia on Wednesday ... rockin' some pretty cool lookin' sweatpants.
Of course, Sydney is 14 hours ahead of Boston -- where the Celtics beat the Cavs to go up 2-0 on Tuesday.
LeBron was laser-focused on Game 2 -- and showed up to the TD Garden hours before the game to shoot and prepare. Ultimately, it didn't help ... Cavs lost 107 to 94.
Meantime, there were a bunch of huge stars at MBFW ... including Shaun White, Joe Jonas and Elsa Pataky.
Wonder if Bron wishes he was there ...
See also
Ronda Rousey I'll Be Pregnant Soon
Ronda Rousey is ready to take on motherhood ... saying she's planning on having kids in the very near future.
The 31-year-old WWE superstar has been talking about babies for a while -- first bringing up the topic on "Ellen" back in 2016.
But now that she's been married to Travis Browne for almost a year, it's clear procreation's on the brain.
"Soon, someday soon," Rousey said with a big smile to Adam Glyn in NYC.
The one speedbump ... Ronda's wrestling career is taking off in a huge way.
In fact, she just booked her first championship match against the Raw Women's champ, Nia Jax, at the "Money in the Bank" Pay-Per-View next month in Chicago.
So, first knock out Jax and then get knocked up?
Stay tuned ...
See also
Chuck Liddell I'd K.O. Jon Jones In My Prime ... 'I'm Still Dangerous'
Chuck Liddell is adamant he'd knock out Jon Jones if they fought during his prime ... but warns the UFC star that he's "still dangerous."
The Ice Man is fired up about his MMA comeback ... but says it's not a 1-fight situation -- he aiming to fight Jon Jones after he tears through Tito Ortiz.
"I gotta have high goals about my comeback," Liddell told Adam Glyn.
"I'm not wasting my time getting in shape just to beat up on someone I've beat up twice."
Jones went after Liddell on Twitter this week saying, "Old Chuck has been calling me out for years! I get it, I hold pretty much every record in the division."
"I normally try to respect my elders but if you want it come get it. Id literally fly you out to Albuquerque this weekend."
TMZ Sports broke the story ... the 48-year-old UFC Hall of Famer hooked up with Oscar De La Hoya's new MMA promotion to fight Tito for a 3rd time. They're still working on the date.
As we previously reported, Chuck has been training like a maniac for years -- and we're told he's in great shape.
Still, Dana White is against Chuck's comeback ... saying it would "really bum me out" to see him fight again.
See also
Draya Michele Rocks the 'Ultimate' Thong Bikini
Here's Draya Michele setting the Miami pool scene on fire at Shore Club ... with a bikini that looks like it was made from the things the Ultimate Warrior used to tie to his arms.
Don't get it twisted, we're not complaining ... not even a little bit.
CAN YOU FEEL THE POWER?!
Of course, Draya is a swimsuit tycoon, who runs the Mint Swim bikini company ... and also happens to be dating Washington Redskins star Orlando Scandrick.
No signs of Scandrick in Miami though ... he spent the weekend in Los Angeles running a high school passing league tournament.
Scandrick played with the Dallas Cowboys for years before the team released him from his contract this offseason. He signed a 2-year deal with Washington reportedly worth up to $10 million.
See also
Sen. Cory Booker Legal Gambling Can Reduce Violence ... & Sex Trafficking
Legalized sports betting isn't just a win for degenerate gamblers ... it could also have a real impact in reducing violent crimes and sex trafficking ... so says Senator Cory Booker.
The NJ politician is clearly fired up about the new Supreme Court ruling that essentially allows states to legalize sports betting ... a cause Booker has been championing for years.
Booker tells TMZ Sports ... people have been betting on sports illegally for decades -- and illegal sports gambling is often tied to violent crime and sex trafficking.
So, legalizing it will allow the states to regulate sports betting ... which, in turn, could have a real impact in reducing crime connected to illegal gambling rings.
Booker also says he's pumped about all the tax revenue legal sports betting will generate -- since experts estimate people have been illegally betting hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars a year.
Good luck!
See also
PGA Star Lucas Glover Says Wife Attacked Him ... Over Bad Golf Tourney
PGA star Lucas Glover -- who won the 2009 U.S. Open -- told cops his wife, Krista, attacked him Saturday and called him a "p*ssy" and a "loser" because he played poorly in a golf tournament earlier that day.
It's all in a police report obtained by TMZ Sports ... which says cops in Jacksonville, Florida were called to a rented house where Glover, his wife and mother were staying.
According to the report, Lucas' mother had cuts on her arms and blood on her chest when cops arrived ... and said Krista had attacked both her and Lucas.
When cops made contact with Lucas, he said the fight started after he played a bad round of golf at the Players Championship earlier that day.
The police report states ... "Lucas advised me every time he plays poorly in a tournament, Krista begins yelling at him, stating he is a 'loser' and 'p*ssy' and ultimately starting an altercation with him about his performance."
Lucas told police Krista had been drinking throughout the day before the fight.
The golfer also told police, "how he better win or [Krista] and the kids would leave him and he would never see their kids again."
Lucas also said he was tired of all the fights and couldn't take it anymore.
Krista was eventually arrested for domestic violence -- but cops say she became combative and resisted.
While she was en route for the jail, she allegedly threatened the arresting officers saying, "This is why cops get shot in the face."
Cops also say Krista kicked the squad car so hard, the door separated from the frame.
Lucas has since tweeted about the incident, "On May 12, my wife and mother were involved in an argument to which the police were called. Everyone is fine."
"Regrettably, although Krista was charged, we are comfortable that the judicial system is able to address what actually happened and Krista will be cleared in this private matter."
Lucas says the two are "working through" things after the incident.
See also
Robinson Cano Suspended 80 Games ... for Banned Substance
-
Breaking News
- 4 shares
Seattle Mariners superstar Robinson Cano -- one of the best players in baseball --has accepted an 80 game suspension after testing positive for a banned substance.
However, Cano insists he did NOT take steroids or any other performance enhancing drug ... he insists he made a simple mistake when taking a prescribed medication.
"Recently, I learned that I tested positive for a substance called Furosemide, which is not a performance enhancing substance," Cano said in a statement.
"Furosemide is used to treat various medical conditions in the United States and the Dominican Republic."
"This substance was given to me by a licensed doctor in the Dominican Republic to treat a medical ailment."
"While I did not realize at the time that I was given a medication that was banned, I obviously now wish that I had been more careful."
The issue ... Furosemide can be used as a masking agent to hide PEDs -- and that's why it's banned.
The 35-year-old is currently nursing a broken hand which he suffered Sunday when he was hit by a pitch while playing against the Detroit Tigers.
MLB says he will be allowed to start serving his suspension immediately, despite the injury.
The 2nd baseman -- an 8-time All-Star -- is in the middle of a 10-year contract worth $240 MILLION. Many people believe he was headed to the Hall of Fame ... but this could derail that.
Cano adds, "I would never do anything to cheat the rules of the game that I love, and after undergoing dozens of drug tests over more than a decade, I have never tested positive for a performance enhancing substance for the simple reason that I have never taken one."
See also
Kobe Bryant Open to Lakers Drafting LiAngelo Ball ... 'If It'll Help Win'
He didn't exactly poo-poo the idea ...
Kobe Bryant is keeping an open mind when it comes to the Lakers' draft plans ... saying he'd be cool with the team taking another Ball brother ... "if it'll help win."
Kobe was leaving ABC Studios in New York City when we straight-up asked, "With the [NBA Draft coming up], what do you want the Lakers to do?"
Kobe's response ... "Win."
That's when we asked about LaVar Ball's plan to get LiAngelo Ball to the Lake Show ... joining his brother, Lonzo.
Kobe shrugged at the idea and said, "If it'll help win."
We also asked Kobe for his thoughts on how legalized sports betting will impact the NBA -- and he told us he's still doing his research on that.
See also
UFC's Raquel Pennington 'Glad My Corner Didn't Let Me Quit'
UFC fighter Raquel Pennington says she would have been "devastated" if her corner would have thrown in the towel during UFC 224 ... saying, "I'm glad they didn't let me quit."
Pennington's corner has been under fire for not throwing in the towel when she told them she had nothing left after the 4th round of her fight with Amanda Nunes.
Raquel says her corner team has been beating themselves up for talking her into fighting in the 5th round ... but she insists they only did what SHE wanted them to do.
"If I truly wanted out of there, I could have turned around [to the ref] and waved out of the fight," Pennington says.
In fact, she says her coach did give her the motivation she needed to get back out there ... and does NOT feel like her team ever put her in real danger.
Pennington lost the fight ... but says she kept her honor.
See also
Ex-MLB'er Matt Mantei Convicted In Dom. Violence Case ... Avoids Jail Time
Ex-MLB pitcher Matt Mantei was convicted of domestic violence after roughing up his wife, but he ain't gonna spend a minute behind bars ... TMZ Sports has learned.
We broke the story ... Mantei -- who was known for his 100 MPH heater during his 10-year career in the big leagues -- was arrested April 17 in Michigan after his wife told cops Mantei got physical with her while arguing over a cell phone.
She claimed the closer grabbed her, threw her to the floor, and held her down ... before letting her up and shoving her -- causing minor injuries.
Mantei appeared before a judge in Berrien County last Friday ... and pled no contest to 1 count of misdemeanor domestic violence. But, we're told the judge reviewed the evidence and found that Mantei committed the offense of domestic violence, according to prosecutor Michael Sepic.
With the conviction, comes punishment ... but no jail and no probation.
Instead, we're told the former Marlin, D'Back and Red Sox flamethrower was merely ordered to pay $635 in court fees and fines ... which we're told he already paid -- so it's essentially, case closed.
See also
UFC's Tim Kennedy Waterboarding Didn't Hurt ... 'Not Real Torture'
Ex-UFC star Tim Kennedy said the reason he decided to get waterboarded was to show the world, "We're not a bunch of spineless cowards" ... and insists it didn't even hurt.
Kennedy -- a U.S. Army Special Forces sniper -- let his friends waterboard him for about 45 minutes over the weekend ... and live streamed it to show the world why it shouldn't be considered torture.
"It feels like you're drowning. It feels like it, but you're not," Kennedy tells TMZ Sports.
"Because the water is going down in the back of your eyes, up your nose, it's pooling in the back of your throat. You’re trying to hold your breath, but all that water is pounding at the back of your throat, so you can't hold your breath."
"It's uncomfortable. It doesn’t feel good. It's not like, 'Let's go get a spa treatment.' A little face massage. It's an uncomfortable thing. But, it's a very effective thing."
Kennedy is adamant waterboarding should NOT be considered torture -- and explained his point in graphic detail.
"I have seen torture firsthand. I have found people with no fingers. I've seen people with their breasts cut off. I've seen their eyelids slit open so they could watch their own family being murdered. That's torture. This is water being poured on your face."
See also
NFL's Christian Kirk May Have Been Coked Up ... Cop Says In Police Report
-
Breaking News
- 1 shares
NFL rookie Christian Kirk was showing signs of cocaine use when he was arrested at a golf tournament in Arizona back in February ... this according to the police report obtained by TMZ Sports.
Kirk -- a 2nd round draft pick by the AZ Cardinals -- was arrested for criminal damage to a car on Feb. 3 after cops say he was throwing rocks at cars in a parking lot outside of the Phoenix Open.
Event security had contacted police and said the suspects were "high."
When the Scottsdale PD arrived to the scene, one of the officers "immediately noticed Kirk's demeanor. He had a blank stare."
The officer placed Kirk under arrest and handcuffed him -- and then suggested he may have been on cocaine.
"I further noticed the grinding movement of his jaw and continued blank stare. These are common signs of an individual high on stimulants, such as cocaine."
Both Kirk and another man were transported to a nearby police station where they were booked and later released.
The arrest didn't stop the Cardinals from selecting Kirk with the 47th pick in the draft. The team has said they were aware of the incident before the draft.
See also
Carolina Panthers To Be Sold to New Owner ... Not Diddy
Was Diddy successful in his bid to buy the Carolina Panthers? Uh uh, uh uh.
Despite teaming up with Philadelphia 76ers owner Michael Rubin, Diddy's ownership group was NOT selected to purchase the NFL team ... instead, the new owner will be hedge fund manager David Tepper.
Remember, Diddy publicly said he wanted to be the first black owner in the NFL -- and hoped the move would inspire and empower black America.
He even got support from New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft who said, "I'm a big fan of his."
DECEMBER 2017
But it was all for naught ... with Tepper reportedly sealing the purchase for more than $2 BILLION from Jerry Richardson, who paid $206 million for the rights to start the team in 1993.
As for Tepper, he's not exactly an outsider ... he was already a minority owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The next step for Tepper ... league owners would vote to approve the sale later this month -- it's pretty much just a formality at this point. Consider it a done deal.
See also
Dejounte Murray's GF Too Scantily Dressed for Mastro's ... Dress Code Violation
San Antonio Spurs player Dejounte Murray got stopped at the door at Mastro's Steakhouse in Beverly Hills this weekend ... because his girlfriend's racy outfit violated the restaurant's dress code.
For real.
Mastro's is one of the hottest restaurants in town ... and they're pretty serious about rejecting guests that don't respect the "classy" rules when it comes to attire.
Remember, they turned away Pittsburgh Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster because he was wearing sweatpants.
This time, we're told the door staff felt Jilly Anais' super-tight, super-short skirt was a little too revealing ... and our cameras were rolling as they refused to let her inside.
Don't worry ... this story has a happy ending.
21-year-old Murray -- a former 1st round NBA draft pick -- spoke with a manager who ultimately made an exception and let Jilly inside.
Seems there were no hard feelings ... the couple was in a good mood after dinner and raved about the restaurant on the way out.
See also
Rainbow Man at Sporting Events 'Memba Him?!
Rollen Stewart gained fame in the '80s for rockin' a rainbow afro wig to the biggest sporting events in the world. He even landed a Budweiser commercial and was spoofed on 'SNL.' Guess what he looks like now!
See also
BIG3's Jerome Williams Qataris Offered Me $25 Million ... To Start Rival League
9:58 AM PT -- A rep for Sports Trinity -- which represents the Qatari investors -- tells TMZ Sports, "Sport Trinity never made an offer of this nature to Jerome Williams."
"His statements to TMZ are completely false and illogical, particularly as Sport Trinity is the largest investor in the BIG3 Basketball league."
Ex-NBA player Jerome Williams -- aka the Junk Yard Dog -- says he was offered $25 MILLION to start a rival 3-on-3 basketball league last year ... while he was still playing for the BIG3 league.
But the craziest part ... Williams claims the people behind the offer were the same Qatari investors who already owned a piece of the BIG3.
Of course, the BIG3 is suing the Qataris for more than $1 BILLION -- claiming they never made good on their $5 million investment ... and then threatened a league owner when asked for the money.
Now, Williams tells TMZ Sports he believes the Qataris were essentially trying to sabotage the BIG3 by wooing players like himself to ditch Ice Cube and Jeff Kwatinetz and join a rival venture.
"I'm JYD! It's not the first time I've turned down $25 million."
Williams says the Qataris flew key people associated with the BIG3 to St. Tropez and let them drive fancy cars ... but ultimately, the plan failed.
There's more ...
Jerome also has a message for his "good friend" Roger Mason -- former BIG 3 commissioner -- who's also suing the BIG3 and has a friendship with the Qataris.
"I would run fast and far away from these guys."
We reached out to Sports Trinity -- which represents the Qatari investors -- but were unable to get a comment.