Ex-NFL Kicker Jay Feely Gun in Daughter's Prom Pic Was a Damn Joke!
Former NFL kicker Jay Feely is clearing up the controversy around a photo he posted with a gun at his daughter's prom date's side ... saying it was all a joke.
Feely tweeted a clarification Sunday about a pic he posted Saturday as he sent his daughter to her prom with a guy ... with Jay in between them and a pistol in his hand.
The prom picture I posted was obviously intended to be a joke. My Daughter has dated her boyfriend for over a year and they knew I was joking.
@jayfeely
I take gun safety seriously (the gun was not loaded and had no clip in) and I did not intend to be insensitive to that important issue
He says the pics was clearly meant as a joke, and that his kid had been dating the dude for at least a year. Feely also pointed out that the gun wasn't loaded and didn't have a clip inside, adding he didn't mean to be insensitive about the subject, which is a hot topic these days.
In his original post, Feely referenced a scene from "Bad Boys 2," in which Martin Lawrence's character intimidates a guy who comes over to take his daughter out on a date. Will Smith gets in on the interrogation, too, for a hilarious moment ... but a lot of folks didn't find Feely's take quite as funny. He was getting dragged on social media left and right.
Who knew joking around with guns would be such a lightning rod issue?
See also
Adrien Broner Won't Accept Draw Against Vargas ... Slams Tekashi69, Too
Adrien Broner wouldn't let the judges in his boxing match against Jessie Vargas declare a draw without giving them a piece of his mind ... and not without bashing Tekashi69 either.
Adrien's fight against Vargars Saturday night was announced as a tie after 12 rounds of going at it -- which Adrien seemed disappointed with at first ... and then downright defiant.
Adrien Broner trying to steal Jim Gray's mic and then diving into pure ignorance is an all-timer pic.twitter.com/dGvRc9Ncm9
@NickBrownHD
The former world champ tried grabbing from announcer Jim Gray to give his two cents on the decision -- Gray wasn't having any of that, though. Adrien did speak his peace, though ... telling Vargas that he clearly beat his ass ... and that his 6ix9ine-looking face proved it.
As we've reported ... Broner and Tekashi have been trading barbs in the week leading up to his fight against Vargas. Broner even threw down a $300k check to counter Tekashi's hypothetical bet that he'd lose this weekend.
Considering how things turned out in the end ... we're guessing he's glad he didn't actually go all in on himself.
See also
Lindsey Vonn Women Will Compete vs. Men ... 'No One Likes Change'
Lindsey Vonn says women competing against men in sports like skiing is a matter of WHEN, not if ... and it would've happened already if people weren't so opposed to change.
Lindsey -- arguably the GOAT female skier -- has been pushing to race with the bros for years ... but the International Ski Federation still hasn't signed off.
The Olympic gold medalist admits it may not happen during her career ... but says she's hopeful the old heads will eventually get it right.
"No one likes change, you know?" Vonn told TMZ Sports. "It’ll eventually happen -- it’s just, how long will it take?"
Don't worry -- we didn't forget to ask Lindsey about her, shall we say, unique dress at the ACM Awards ... and you could tell she ain't sweatin' the haters even a little.
See also
Chandler Parsons My Playboy Days Are Over, Ladies 'But I Had a Hell of a Run'
Bad news, groupies -- Chandler Parsons says he's officially "a one-woman man" ... ending a truly epic run for the NBA's #1 stud.
But Chandler ain't gonna deny he was killin' the game earlier in his career, telling TMZ Sports, "I had a hell of a run."
We got Parsons up in the Bev Hills ... and asked him what it felt like to be the league's hottest bro -- having shacked up with celebs like Bella Thorne, Arianny Celeste, Toni Garrn and (maybe) Hailey Baldwin.
You could tell Chandler was down with it, but the Grizzlies star was quick to tell us he's only got love for smokin' hot model GF, Cassie Amato, these days.
Yeah, we know it's easy for any hooper to end up like Tristan Thompson ... but these pics make us wanna believe.
Stay strong, Chan-Dog.
See also
Justin Bieber Sucks At Soccer ... Says Ex-Team USA Coach
Everyone who thinks Justin Bieber's soccer skills are legit have been living a damn lie ... because former USA coach Bruce Arena says the Biebs just ain't got it.
We got Arena out at LAX and wanted to know what an expert (even though we missed the World Cup, he's an expert) thought about Bieber's prowess on the pitch.
Our guy showed Arena some video -- then asked if he thought Biebs was any good at soccer. Unfortunately for Justin, the old coach kept it 100%, A-1, 24 carat real.
"I don't think that. I think he's better off doing what he's doing."
Don't be mad at us Justin ... we tried to remind Bruce that you're friends with Neymar and asked if you could maybe make the MLS if Neymar helped -- but Arena had a simple answer to that too.
"No."
It's not too late to say you're sorry Bruce ... TO ALL AMERICANS FOR MISSING THE FREAKIN' WORLD CUP!
MARCH 2018
See also
Smush Parker Hey, Lamar Odom ... Let's Ball Out In Europe Together!!
Lamar Odom isn't gonna have to make his hoops comeback alone ... 'cause his old teammate Smush Parker wants to reunite and dominate together -- in EUROPE!!
TMZ Sports spoke with Smush about Lamar wanting to play pro ball overseas ... and since Parker has 10 years of experience playing international ball, he says he'd love to work with L.O. to show what it takes.
FYI -- Smush told us last year he wanted to team up with Kobe Bryant and L.O. in Ice Cube's BIG3 league ... but since that ship has now sailed, it's clear he's still holding out hope of ballin' with Lamar once again.
We also spoke with the Queens baller about his new "Smush Parker Elite" training program ... and he explains how Lamar could benefit from using it.
See also
Lamar Odom I'm Here to Help People ... With My Weed
Lamar Odom's new lease on life since coming out of a coma has made him want to improve other people's lives too ... enter his cannabis company.
We got the former NBA Champion at Five Star Juice in Torrance, CA Friday and talked to him about the release of his brand of marijuana products, called Rich Soil, which he believes can help people with their ailments ... like it's helped him.
Odom says his goal to get people "healthy high," saying ... "I want to get people better, bro. If I can get 'em high, I can get 'em better."
He tells us he's been working on the cannabis idea for a year, and doesn't give a damn about haters who think he shouldn't be in this business ... because he believes he's living proof the stuff works.
Lamar also touches on making a basketball comeback, which he told us about a couple days ago too.
Unclear how snacking on Starburst fits into his plan.
See also
Glen 'Big Baby' Davis Named Suspect In Felony Assault
Ex-NBA star Glen "Big Baby" Davis has been officially named a suspect in an assault with a deadly weapon case that left a man seriously injured ... TMZ Sports has learned.
We're told cops believe Davis got into a physical altercation with a man outside of a West Hollywood nightclub on April 8 -- and ultimately slammed the man down on the concrete. Davis allegedly fled the scene before cops arrived.
Sources say the victim was hospitalized with multiple broken bones and a broken tooth and he was on a ventilator for a day.
Davis was previously a "person of interest" in the attack but now we're told investigators have spoken with several witnesses who identified Davis as the aggressor.
We're told cops will present the case to the District Attorney in the hopes of getting felony charges filed against Davis.
We've reached out to Davis multiple times for comment -- so far, no word back.
See also
Jermell Charlo Vows to Sue Gym Over Alleged Racial Incident
Boxing champ Jermell Charlo is convinced he was banned from working out at a fancy NYC gym because he's black -- and now he's threatening to sue the hell out of them.
TMZ Sports spoke with Charlo who's still VERY pissed over what went down at Life Time Athletic Fitness in Manhattan on Thursday night ... when he and his crew were told they would NOT be allowed inside.
Charlo says they showed up to work out with his brother, boxing star Jermall Charlo -- who was already inside the building -- but the gym staff refused to let the crew purchase a day pass.
Charlo claims his crew was falsely accused of smelling like weed. He believes the real reason they were turned away is because he's "a black man."
Cops were called to the gym but no arrests were made.
Jermell says he doesn't want an apology -- he wants revenge in court -- because he wants the whole world to see what happened to him.
As for the gym, a rep denies Charlo was racially profiled but apologized for the "misunderstanding concerning our guest policy."
See also
Michael Bisping Is Scared I'll Beat His Ass ... Says UFC's Brad Tavares
UFC fighter Brad Tavares is doubling down on his weekend call-out of Michael Bisping ... telling TMZ Sports the ex-champ is ducking him 'cause he's terrified of getting THRASHED.
"I think he’s scared ... scared to get his ass beat," Tavares said. "What else could it be?"
FYI, the Hawaiian went looking for Bisping backstage after he merked Krzysztof Jotko at UFC on FOX 29 ... to call out the UFC legend for his retirement fight.
Bisping LOL'd at Tavares' challenge -- telling the top-10 middleweight to "get the f**k out!"
But, Brad ain't giving up -- saying there's no better option for him unless he's gunnin' for Conor McGregor (yeah ... ain't gon' happen).
That said, Tavares is also down to scrap with another up-and-coming star ... and says he'll "expose him" if he gets the chance!
See also
UFC's Kevin Lee If Conor Attacked My Bus ... I Woulda Beat His Ass Right Then!
Conor McGregor's lucky UFC star Kevin Lee wasn't in the bus he attacked -- 'cause if he was, K-Lee says he would've gone full Dark Knight on his ass!!
"It would have been totally different -- totally different story," Lee told TMZ Sports. "I would have jumped out like Batman when he threw the dolly through."
4/5/18
Kevin doesn't give a damn Conor was flanked by a full goon squad -- saying all of McGregor's wannabe gangsters would've tasted his hands.
But, "The Motown Phenom" doesn't want Conor to leave the UFC ... 'cause he wants that "easy money" fight inside the Octagon!
But, before Kevin tries to win the McGregor sweepstakes, he's got a date with nasty striker Edson Barboza at UFC Fight Night: Atlantic City this Saturday ... and he told us why it's gonna be fireworks.
See also
Lakers' Julius Randle I Care About My L.A. Future ... Not LeBron's!
Julius Randle says you can jam it with all the questions about LeBron James on the Lakers ... because there's one Lakers future he's much more interested in ... HIS OWN.
Randle is coming off a career season with the Purple & Gold, but being that he's a restricted free agent, there's no guarantee he'll be back in tinsel town next year.
Might be why, when we got JR out in Beverly Hills and tried to ask about the chances LeBron James or Kawhi Leonard might join the squad next year, Randle couldn't make himself give a damn.
"I got to figure out my situation first."
Makes sense, kinda pointless to recruit LeBron if you're gonna be on Utah, Brooklyn, or Portland ... all places rumored to be landing spots for Randle.
Real question is, what does Julius already know that we don't?
See also
NY Gym Apologizes to Jermell Charlo Insists They're Not Racist
Jermell Charlo has gotten an apology from the upscale NY gym he was kicked out of on Thursday night -- but the gym insists he was NOT racially profiled.
As we previously reported, Charlo -- a world champion boxer -- was turned away from Life Time Athletic in Manhattan. He claims front desk told him that his crew smelled like weed and they wouldn't be allowed inside. Charlo denied the weed allegations and said it all came down to race.
Now, a rep for Life Time tells TMZ Sports, "Upon our immediate review of the matter, this is not an issue of discrimination, as has been alleged."
"In fact, on both April 18 and 19, Life Time extended guest access to Mr. Jermall Charlo and Mr. Jermell Charlo, along with their group. As this matter escalated, staff felt unsafe given an ensuing verbal altercation."
"To be clear, we apologize for what appears to be a misunderstanding concerning our guest policy. Ultimately, we always welcome all individuals and the opportunity to serve them in a safe and respectful manner."
For his part, Jermell is not buying Life Time's explanation and told us,"I'm a black man and they didn't let me in."
See also
Adrien Broner Would Murder Tekashi69 ... Says Tyron Woodley
Tekashi69 needs to be careful ... because if his feud with Adrien Broner turns into a REAL fight, Broner would knock his ass out in ONE PUNCH -- so says Tyron Woodley.
Tyron was trying REALLY hard to warn Tekashi on "The Hollywood Beatdown" that his hands aren't on the same PLANET as Broner when it comes to fighting ... and the proof is in that weak ass LAX brawl earlier this year.
In fact, Tyron says Broner needs to ignore 6ix9ine and focus on his REAL business -- beating Jessie Vargas at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Saturday night (live on Showtime).
There's more ... Tyron also reacts to a videotaped message from Daniel Cormier about his fighting future.
Plus, Woodley rips Danielle Bregoli, Woah Vicky and Lil Tay for that stupid YouTube star brawl in L.A.
Don't miss "The Hollywood Beatdown" every Friday on the TMZ Sports YouTube page.
See also
Avicii Athletes Pay Tribute
The death of Avicii has rocked the world of sports -- with several athletes who were fans of his music paying tribute to the DJ.
Golf superstar Annika Sorenstam -- who, like Avicii, is Swedish -- tweeted, "Sad news that Swedish artist @Avicii has past away at the age of 28. Extremely tragic, unbelievable talented guy #RIPAvicii."
NBA star Frank Kaminsky also reflected on the impact Avicii has had on his life.
"I don’t think any one person had an influence on the type of music I listen to more than Avicii did. Horrible, horrible news. Rest in paradise."
UFC boss Dana White also posted a photo of Avicii who was a huge combat sports fan. He even attended the Mayweather vs. McGregor fight.
Chuck Liddell posted an old photo with the DJ, saying "I don’t have the words to express my grief. You’re gone way too soon. I’ll see you on the other side my friend! Rest In Peace."
Ex-Cleveland Browns player Jason Pinkston paid tribute by quoting the hit "Wake Me Up" ... "Wish I can stay forever this young RIP" ... and AJ McCarron tweeted "RIP Dj Avicii praying for your family. You will be missed!"
Avicii was found dead in Oman. He was only 28.
See also
Odell Beckham Trades Shots with Shawn Mendes ... In Rap Battle
Before Odell Beckham hit the gym with Dez Bryant -- he hit the stage with Shawn Mendes for a rap duel on "Drop the Mic" ... and it's pretty great.
The NY Giants star went after Shawn's whiteness ... a lot ... with some lines that included:
"Your skin is so pale, let's call it a hunch ... you're so white, the only meal you eat is brunch."
Also ... "No matter what you say my ego won't burst because whatever you've done, John Mayer did it first."
Mendes came through with some strong shots of his own during the ep which airs Sunday on TBS.
"A dancing athlete that's a little unusual ... its the first time I've seen that since 'High School Musical.'"
And then a short joke ...
"You said that I'm fake, I think millions disagree. How do they ever call you a Giant when you're shorter than me!"