WWE Legend Vader Shows Off Gnarly Scar ... After Open-Heart Surgery
Ex-WWE superstar Vader is doing so well after his open-heart surgery in March, he's showing off the scar ... and even cracking jokes about it!
Vader -- real name Leon White -- had been diagnosed with congestive heart failure back in 2016 and said doctors told him he only had two years to live.
Well, here we are ... two years later and Vader is still kicking!
"They had me but I KICKED out 2," Vader said on social media over the weekend.
And when posting the photo of his surgery scar, he joked ... "The surgeon confessed he had A few to many that's why the scar is off centerer I OWE THAT MAN MY LIFE THANK U JESUS."
Vader's good friend, Mick Foley, has also weighed in ... saying, "NOW THAT’S A SCAR! Very best wishes for a speedy recovery to @itsvadertime following open heart surgery."
"Leon is out of the hospital, and is very thankful for all the support he is receiving."
See also
Tom Brady & Gisele Camel Ridin' Like Royalty On Middle East Adventure
Step aside, Sheikhs -- the NFL's king and queen are touring the Middle East ... and they're getting the full royal treatment.
Tom Brady, Gisele and their 2 kids have left the freezing cold of Boston for the sunny skies of Qatar ... and they're enjoying all the best the country has to offer -- fine garments, waterfall grottos and, of course, camel-riding desert tours!!
But, the Patriots QB ain't just tappin' into his inner-Aladdin on this trip.
Through his Best Buddies charity, Brady kicked some footballs around with special needs kids at a World Cup-sponsored event ... and he also stopped by the local air base to hang with U.S. troops.
Yeah, Tom's missing the start of the Patriots' offseason workouts for this ... but we got a feeling he'll be alright.
See also
Boston Marathon Runners Soaked & Trash Baggin' In Crazy Rain Storm
Running the Boston Marathon is already hard as hell ... and that's without being caught in a TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR like the runners in Beantown are Monday!
The field of about 30,000 competitors are gonna have to be Boston Strong to make it through today's race -- attempting to run 26-plus miles through a damn flood and winds approaching 40 MPH.
Is THIS the year that an American woman captures the @bostonmarathon title for the first time since 1985? The elites are off!
@NBCSN
Stream it here: https://t.co/3jf01x1nUc pic.twitter.com/rff1gOYIfp
Race officials also say it's the coldest marathon in 30 years ... with a starting temp of 38 degrees.
It was a pretty crazy scene at the starting line -- athletes fitted in bandanas, ponchos and trash bags -- and it's only expected to get wetter with the rain picking up in the afternoon.
Watch your steps, people.
See also
NHL's Brett Connolly Gives Puck to Little Girl Best. Video. Ever!
PROBLEM: NHL player REALLY wants to give a puck to an adorable little girl fan, but two little boys kept stealing the puck away.
SOLUTION: Well, you're just gonna have to watch ... it's the most adorable thing you're gonna see ALL DAY!
It all went down during warm-ups at Sunday's Washington Capitals vs. Columbus Blue Jackets playoff game in D.C. where right wing Brett Connolly wanted to hook the little one up with a souvenir.
If at first you don't succeed... try, try, try again! #CapsJackets #ALLCAPS pic.twitter.com/6S3b5cfXNW
@Capitals
Problem was, there were a couple bigger kids flankin' her ... and they crushed her dreams TWICE when Brett flipped a puck over the glass.
It was basically the saddest thing ever ... until the girl finally got puck #3 and lit up like the Nintendo 64 kid on Christmas (OK, maybe not that intense).
Hockey fan 4 life, right??
See also
Conor McGregor Jets to Bahamas After Bus Attack
-
EXCLUSIVE
- 2 shares
Conor McGregor is hitting the beach after hitting the bus ... jetting down to the Bahamas to relax after getting approval from his bail bondsman, TMZ Sports has learned.
Sources connected to McGregor tell us ... the UFC star flew out of NYC on Saturday bound for the islands.
The issue -- because of his pending criminal charges against him in the bus attack case, Conor needed his bail bondsman to approve travel plans before leaving the country.
4/5/18
We spoke with Conor's bondsman, Ira Judelson, who tell us he did in fact sign off on McGregor to travel -- but wouldn't confirm the destination to TMZ.
Judelson also noted McGregor has been "100% compliant" with the terms of his bail package, so far -- which has essentially required Conor to check in and stay out of trouble.
Conor is due back in NYC on June 14 ... we'll see if his tan sticks.
See also
Nate Diaz Conor Is 'Scared for His Life'
You scared homie?
Here's Nate Diaz getting his party on at Coachella over the weekend -- where he took a few seconds to throw some shade at Conor McGregor.
We spotted Nate rollin' around the desert with his crew and had to ask if there's been any movement toward Diaz vs. McGregor III.
"Scared for his life," Diaz told us while shadow boxing.
We also asked about getting the money side of the trilogy -- "Getting paid regardless!"
Dana White has previously said he's super doubtful Nate ever takes a fight in the UFC again despite offering him several fights.
And don't forget -- Tyron Woodley has also been calling for Nate's head.
But, based on this video, and everything we know about Nate, he's not worried about ANYTHING.
See also
James Harrison I'm Retiring 'I've Missed Way Too Much'
Great news for QBs ... James Harrison says he's finally retiring from football after 15 seasons in the league.
Yeah, you've heard the story before ... because Harrison has retired before -- but this time, Deebo says he meant it.
"I've missed way too much for way too long...and I'm done," the 39-year-old Pittsburgh Steelers legend announced on social media.
He also posted several photos of his kids -- suggesting he's ready to become a full-time dad.
"Many thanks to my family, coaches, the fans, and everyone who played a role in my football life. #2ndAndFinalRetirement #HarrisonFamilyValues #BlessedAndHighlyFavored #GodsPlan."
Harrison was a monster in the NFL -- 5 Pro Bowls, 2 Super Bowl rings and he was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2008.
Besides the Steelers, he also played for the Bengals and most recently the New England Patriots.
Incredible career ... just one question -- still hitting the gym tomorrow?!
See also
John Cena, Nikki Bella Break Up Engagement Off
John Cena and Nikki Bella have called it quits ... calling off their engagement and breaking up.
The former couple said, "While this decision was a difficult one, we continue to have a great deal of love and respect for one another," adding, "We ask that you respect our privacy during this time in our lives."
The 40-year-old Cena proposed to 34-year-old Nikki almost a year ago to the day at Wrestlemania 33.
Earlier Sunday Cena tweeted out a quote from Walt Whitman ... "Keep your faith always toward the sunshine -- and shadows will fall behind you." He said the quote is for anyone feeling down.
John may have given a hint of trouble last month, telling Us Weekly, "It takes being able to mesh two lives. I would never ever want Nicole to be in a position where she says 'I'm holding you back from doing this because I feel it's wrong for us.' And I would never say that to her. That's why she's super busy and sometimes we don't see each other for months at a time, but when we do see each other, it's our time together."
See also
Usain Bolt Message to MLS Teams: 'Bring the Big Contracts!'
11/6/23
Usain Bolt says he ain't ruling out the MLS for his budding pro soccer career -- IF their squads show him the money!!
FYI, Bolt's been seriously pursuing footy since he retired from the track last year. Most recently, he was out tearin' up the pitch with Bundesliga's Borussia Dortmund ... and Manchester United is his dream team.
But when we got the World's Fastest Man at LAX, we had to ask if MLS teams like the L.A. Galaxy even had a shot.
Bolt's response -- "Bring the big contracts!"
Guessing MLS can't offer Premier League money ... but there are other perks that come with playing in L.A. (right, Zlatan Ibrahimovic?).
Bonus: We also asked Usain if he would consider the 2020 Olympics if the whole soccer thing doesn't pan out ... and he let us know.
See also
NFL Wife Begs Court to Punish Husband ... In Dom. Violence Case
The wife of former NFL lineman Roy Miller says she thought she was "going to die" in front of her children when her husband attacked her in 2017 ... and she's begging the court to throw the book at him.
As we previously reported, Miller -- who's played for the Bucs, Jags and Chiefs -- was arrested in Nov. 2017 for allegedly attacking his wife at their home in Florida.
Miller struck a deal with prosecutors in which he plead not guilty to misdemeanor battery but agreed to accept a pre-trial diversion program ... which consists of community service, anger management and fines.
But Miller's wife is calling for the court to call off that deal because she feels the punishment doesn't fit the crime -- it's too easy for him.
Instead, she filed new docs with the court describing the assault in graphic detail -- "My husband tackled me as if I was a 320 pound man on the football field. I weigh 135 lbs, the weight of him crushing me and the impact of the blows to the back of my neck and him yanking my head side to side by my braids, was very painful and shocking all at once."
"I thought I was going to die and worst of all in front of my children."
Miller's wife wants the judge to throw out the plea deal and allow her to tell her story in court in hopes of getting a stronger sentence.
The judge will rule on her motion in the near future.
See also
CM Punk's Opponent I'm Gonna End His UFC Career ... MMA's 'Not for Him'
CM Punk will NEVER step foot inside the Octagon again after he gets embarrassed at UFC 225 -- so says the fighter who's planning on embarrassing him.
We spoke with Mike "The Truth" Jackson now that Punk vs. Truth is official ... and he told us he's gonna show the world the ex-WWE superstar doesn't belong in MMA.
"I'm just going in here to beat him up a little bit and show him it's not for him," Jackson told TMZ Sports.
That said, Mike's backtracking on his violent threats from last month ... saying he really doesn't wanna hurt the guy.
As for why he thinks he got the call to fight Punk -- "If you bring in someone else ... it's not gonna get this type of buzz. It's getting this type of buzz because of me."
"This is a storyline not even Vince McMahon could write."
Really, bro?
See also
Eagles Cornerback Daryl Worley Reportedly Tased and Arrested ... Found Passed Out in Car
3:02 PM PT -- The Eagles have officially released Daryl Worley from the team.
Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Daryl Worley was reportedly tased and arrested by police after he was found passed out in his car near the team's practice facility.
According to reports, Worley was arrested early Sunday morning after cops discovered him in a vehicle -- which allegedly contained a gun inside -- around the Eagles' South Philly facility. He allegedly became combative with officers, was reportedly subdued by taser.
An Eagles spokesperson says the team is in the process of gathering more info about Sunday's incident.
See also
Cam Newton Ferrari Crash 911 Call 'I Need the Police'
Cam Newton personally called 911 to ask for police assistance after his Ferrari was rear-ended by a utility truck ... and TMZ Sports has recording.
"I need the police," 28-year-old Newton told the emergency operator moments after the April 6 crash in Atlanta.
Newton is calm, collected and REALLY polite on the call while assuring the operator there were no major injuries suffered by either party in the wreck.
The Carolina Panthers quarterback (who referred to himself as "Cameron Newton") did hesitate before describing his own car to the operator ... a $300,00 matte black Ferrari F12.
Cops were dispatched the scene -- but Newton and the other driver ultimately decided to skip the police report and go their separate ways. No arrests, no reports, no problems.
Newton seemed completely healthy and happy just a few days later when he hosted a shopping spree for 17 young Special Olympics athletes from the area.
This wasn't Cam's first car accident -- he overturned his truck in North Carolina back in 2014. He was hospitalized with minor injuries but ended up making a full recovery.
See also
UFC's Zabit 'Better Version of Bruce Lee' ... Says Khabib's Manager
Bruce Lee's the most legendary martial artist to ever live ... but UFC rising star Zabit Magomedsharipov is already EVEN BETTER than him -- so says his manager.
We got Ali Abdelaziz fresh off Zabit's savage Fight of the Night victory at UFC 223 ... and he heaped the highest praise on the Russian, saying he's never seen a more complete MMA fighter.
FYI, Ali reps current and former champions like Khabib Nurmagomedov, Frankie Edgar and Fabricio Werdum -- so that's a bold statement.
But, not nearly as bold as what he said next -- "(Zabit's) a much better version of Bruce Lee ... that's the truth. Bruce Lee cannot do the stuff he does."
"I love Bruce Lee, I respect him, but he's Bruce Lee on steroids."
Yeah ... probably not the best choice of words, but point taken.
Of course, being that he's the modern-day Dragon, Ali says Zabit could beat all the UFC's top 145-pounders RIGHT NOW.
But, before he gets in there with Max Holloway or Brian Ortega, Ali and Zabit are calling out another fighter to "come to Russia and get his ass whipped!"
See also
Famous Dex Calls Out Quavo & Justin Bieber I'll Bust Your Asses In Hoops
4/15/18
There could be a hip-hop hoops battle brewing ... because Justin Bieber and Quavo were just put on blast by super hot ATL rapper Famous Dex ... who says he'd punish both guys in basketball.
We ran into Dex down in Atlanta, and after he showered a lobby with cash, we decided to ask him some sports questions ... while he put the money back in his bag.
Our guy wanted to know if Dex ... a notorious hooper ... thought he could take two other big time ballers -- Quavo & JB -- on the basketball court. Here's a hint, he's confident.
"Man I'll bust Quavo ass out. Quavo don't wanna see me," Dex said, then throwing Justin's name in too.
"Justin Bieber will get blown out 24-0, 35-0."
Your move guys, we just wanna watch.
See also
Porn Star Richelle Ryan I'll Make Sure Odell Stays in N.Y. ... Lemme 'Work My Magic!'
Odell Beckham Jr. will NEVER leave the NY Giants -- so says a world-famous porn star ... who's laying her booty on the line for OBJ!
Richelle Ryan -- star of XXX hits like "Big Wet Butts" and "Plump Rumps" -- is a HUGE Giants fan ... so when we got her leaving Vivid's HQ in L.A., we asked her what to make of the G-Men reportedly trying to deal Odell.
Richelle was triggered -- and told us there ain't a chance she'd let that happen.
"He's not leaving the Giants ... I'll make sure of that," Ryan told TMZ Sports. "I will work my magic."
Richelle also gave us the low-down on her viral "gangbang" pic with UNLV's baseball team ... including whether or not any of the young bucks joined her in the Mile High Club!!