UFC's Dana White 'I'd Like to See Brock Lesnar Come Back'
Dana White wants to get Brock Lesnar back in the Octagon -- telling TMZ Sports the heavyweight division was "fun" back when Brock was in the UFC.
The UFC honcho posted a photo with Lesnar on Sunday -- and, while it's unclear when the pic was taken, it just so happens the WWE Elimination Chamber event went down in Vegas ... Dana's home turf.
Just a few days before, we spoke with White about Lesnar and the possibility of a return to UFC -- and he was hopeful the two sides could work something out when Brock's WWE contract expires in April.
"I'd like to see it," Dana said ... "I'd like to see him come back."
"When Brock Lesnar won the championship, he was fun ... it was fun."
How would he stack up against the reigning heavyweight champ Stipe Miocic? We asked Dana ... check out what he said.
Lesnar hasn't fought in the UFC since UFC 200 back in July 2016 when he defeated Mark Hunt -- only for his victory to be overturned after Brock tested positive for PEDs.
Lesnar was suspended for 1 year -- but that suspension is now up and he's free to fight again.
See also
Nate Diaz Scores Victory Against Ex-Agents ... At Least, In Texas
Nate Diaz chalked up a victory in his battle with his former agents -- the same people who claim Nate refused to pay them for the cash he got to fight Conor McGregor -- but the war might not be over.
TMZ Sports broke the story ... Diaz was sued by the Ballengee Group, which claimed they negotiated a fat deal for Nate to fight Conor at UFC 202 back in 2016.
Ballengee claims Nate unexpectedly fired them before the fight (after the deal was done) -- and Nate never paid them their cut.
They filed suit in Texas seeking more than $1 MILLION in damages.
But, according to court docs obtained by TMZ Sports, the judge threw out the case against Diaz -- claiming the agents really had no reason to file in Texas ... it's not the right jurisdiction.
"The Court ruled the case should have not have been filed in Texas because Nate has not fought in Texas and dismissed the case," Nate's attorney Jeremiah Reynolds tells us.
It's technically a victory for Diaz -- but Ballengee can still take the case and file it in another jurisdiction ... if Ballengee is up for a rematch.
See also
Floyd Mayweather Drake Hits Roller Skating Party ... Skates to Own Music
The Floyd Mayweather 41st birthday extravaganza continued on Sunday -- featuring Drake hitting the roller skating rink while his own music played in the background!
It was the 3rd major event for Floyd's birthday -- and maybe the most fun -- as the TMT crew took over at World On Wheels in Los Angeles for an old-school roller skating party.
Floyd tore it up in his Nike skates (as usual) ... and Drake didn't do too bad, either -- casually circling the rink in his in-line skates while the DJ played his hit, "Right Hand."
Afterward, Drake hit the arcade section -- and battled it out with the basketball free-throw game.
Floyd seemed to enjoy himself, too -- telling TMZ Sports he wants to keep the party going until 2019!!
He also bragged about his new 2018 Rolls-Royce ... which hasn't been released to the public yet.
Dude's connected.
See also
Dana White I Won't Let Chuck Fight Tito in UFC ... Because 'I Love Him'
Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz have been lobbying for a UFC fight for weeks -- but Dana White says there ain't a chance in hell Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 is happening inside the Octagon.
And it's all because Dana cares too much about Chuck.
"No, I couldn't do that fight," Dana told TMZ Sports earlier this week.
"I love Chuck Liddell. I love him. And as a friend, I don't think he should fight."
We told Dana about Chuck's claim that he could be cleared by UFC doctors -- and, while White didn't flat-out deny it, he says the Iceman's age is a red flag.
"Chuck's almost 50 years old ... 50-year-old's shouldn't be fighting."
Dana is interested in another potential UFC comeback, though -- telling us he'd definitely like to see Brock Lesnar make another run!
See also
NFL's Jonathan Martin Had Gun in Possession When Detained by Cops
A disturbing new twist in the Jonathan Martin saga ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ Sports the ex-NFL lineman had a gun in his possession when he was detained by police.
As we previously reported ... cops tracked down the former Miami Dolphins player Friday after he posted a photo on IG showing a shotgun and ammo -- along with a threatening message and the names of former teammates and high school acquaintances.
We're told cops believe Martin had recently purchased two weapons -- one of which matched up with the gun in the IG post. Sources tell us when they found him on Friday, he had a gun in his car that fit the description police had.
Multiple sources also tell TMZ Sports Martin is currently undergoing a psychiatric evaluation.
Of course, Martin was at the center of the Miami Dolphins bullying scandal in 2013, and had accused multiple teammates of physically and emotionally abusing him.
The teammates, including Richie Incognito, have always maintained it was routine hazing and nothing more. Incognito had previously expressed concern about Martin's long-term mental health.
See also
Iman Shumpert My Wife Works For Kanye Helped My Rap Career 0%
Iman Shumpert says just because his wife is down with G.O.O.D. music, it doesn't mean he is ... telling TMZ Sports he's never even gotten so much as a beat from his boss-in-law, Kanye West.
Shumpert is a pretty serious rapper himself, having released his Mixtape "Shumpman: The MD" back in 2016, and continuing to flood social media with new verses on the regular.
We got Iman at LAX, and asked him if his wife's label boss, Kanye West, has ever given Shump any help AT ALL in his rap career ... and here's a shocker, it's never happened.
Iman says he's never asked ... not outright at least ... however we did find a recent freestyle he dropped over Kanye's "Grammy Family" beat (and he killed it), so we gotta ask ...
Is it time for an addition to the G.O.O.D. family?
See also
U.S. Curling Team Denied a Delta Flight Upgrade After Winning Olympic Gold
John Shuster and the U.S. curling team are probably flying back home on something less than first class after winning gold at the Olympics ... all 'cause Delta denied 'em an upgrade.
The official U.S. Curling handle hit up Delta on Twitter Saturday asking if there was a way to get upgraded on the flight home from PyeongChang after taking 1st in men's curling.
@Delta our Olympic #curling champions are flying home on Monday. Upgrades?!? 😃 #GoldMedalists @CoachPhill @TeamShuster
@usacurl
Unfortunately, Delta said it had nothing for them upgrade-wise ... but at least if offered a congratulations and a warm welcome to the flight.
Hi, there. Congratulations, gold medal champions! We are honored to be your ride back home! While we don't have any upgrades to offer, we look forward to seeing you on board. Thanks for flying with us! *AJL
@Delta
The curlers were gracious in their response, thanking Delta for looking into it and hoping for a smooth ride home. John and co. won the USA its first gold medal in the winter sport ever ... beating out Sweden for top honors.
Looks like an historic achievement only gets you so far in the world these days.
See also
Floyd Mayweather Mariah, Jamie and Wiz Party At Wild 41st Birthday Bash!!!
Floyd Mayweather turned 41 years this weekend and to celebrate he threw an insane party for himself.
The bash went down Saturday night at The Reserve in Downtown L.A. Floyd joined Mariah and Jamie at the DJ booth and it looked like they were having a super fun time. Other guests included Wiz Khalifa, Bobby Brown, John Singleton, Stephen Belafonte, and Laura Govan.
The theme of the party ... Bank of Mayweather. Check out the video ... the font is the same as Bank of America, which makes sense -- Floyd seems to think he rivals B of A in assets.
Floyd got lots of expensive gifts ... gifts he bought himself, which include an ridiculously expensive watch and necklace, a Bugatti and a Rolls Royce.
It's clear he had a good time after the party, which lasted until the wee hours of Sunday morning. As he gets on the bus to leave, with a slew of very attractive women.
See also
Drake's Dad I 'Love' LaVar Ball 'Cause He Don't Kiss Ass!!
LaVar Ball just got the stamp of approval from one of the most famous dads in the world, not named LaVar Ball -- 'cause Drake's pops says he's ALL ABOUT the Ballfather!!
We got Dennis Graham out at TAO in L.A. -- and he laid out the #1 reason why he's got nothing but respect for the BBB patriarch.
"I love him because he's outspoken," Graham told TMZ Sports.
"He's an outspoken guy and that's what you gotta be. Gotta speak your mind."
Dennis wasn't done there ... telling us that LaVar wilin' out on the Lakers, UCLA, Trump and anyone else in his warpath is exactly what he should be doing!
"People have been kissing butts for too long ... he doesn't do that."
Wonder if Drake feels the same way ...
See also
UFC's Brendan Schaub Floyd's Done ... But 'I Guarantee' Conor Fights Nate
Dana White says a Conor McGregor-Floyd Mayweather rematch in the UFC is MORE likely than Conor vs. Nate Diaz 3 ... but ex-UFC star Brendan Schaub is calling BS.
We got Brendan -- an analyst on the MayMac media tour -- to break down what's next for the biggest names in fighting, starting with the rumors that Floyd might step inside the Octagon.
"I don't see Floyd doing that with his ego and his legacy -- it'd be a terrible idea," Schaub told TMZ Sports. "Only one of those guys is gonna fight again, and that's Conor McGregor."
So ... what's next for McGregor?
"Conor's waiting to see what happens with Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson ... he's gonna see who wins and how it goes and he'll decide either that, or Nate Diaz."
But no matter which fight Conor takes first -- "I can guarantee you he fights Nate Diaz at some point."
If ya want more proof, Brendan's talk show "Below the Belt" launches next week on Showtime ... and Floyd's gonna be one of his first guests!!
See also
Sugar Ray Leonard: Floyd's Got a Shot vs. Conor in UFC Bruce Buffer: Hell No!!
Here's video of Sugar Ray Leonard and Bruce Buffer giving daps at LAX ... then giving waaay different takes on how Floyd Mayweather would do against Conor McGregor in the UFC!
The meet-up happened courtesy of our photog -- who spotted the 2 legends randomly crossing paths. (Only in L.A., right??)
Sugar, of course, wasn't about to throw his fellow pugilist under the bus -- saying Floyd's "always" got a shot.
Bruce, on the other hand, was happy to -- telling us why it'd be "a very quick night" for Mayweather inside the Octagon.
But no matter who ya side with, we can all agree on one thing -- Buff and Sugar bro'ing out is pretty great.
See also
PyeongChang Winter Olympics The Gold, The Bad and The Awesome!
With record-breaking gold medals, gruesome wipeouts and even a few wardrobe malfunctions, the 2018 Winter Olympics was nothing shy of entertaining.
Relive all the chilling highlights from PyeongChang by sliding through the gallery of the most memorable moments from this year's games.
Start the four-year countdown until the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing!
See also
Floyd Mayweather Good Genes or Good Docs?
Floyd Mayweather's good looks are also undefeated!
Here's a 21-year-old version of the fresh-faced professional boxer after winning a fight back in 1998 (left) and 20 years later ... the champ -- who celebrated his 41st birthday earlier this week -- at the All-Star Game in Los Angeles (right).
Knockout.
The question is ...
See also
LeGarrette Blount J. Martin's Gun Pic is 'Disturbing' ... I Hope He Gets Help
Eagles RB LeGarrette Blount's deeply disturbed by the situation with ex-NFL lineman Jonathan Martin, but hopes catching an early warning sign is good for everyone ... including Martin.
We got Blount at LAX Friday and talked about the troubling gun photo JM posted on IG -- which cops are treating as a serious threat ... he tells us he believes the guy needs some serious help.
LeGarrette says he can't really relate to Martin's history of being bullied because it didn't happen to him, but he's witnessed it for others ... and suggests it could be contributing to Jonathan's behavior.
What's interesting is he seems to imply that Martin's bullying case in 2013 helped alleviate the issue in the NFL overall -- he says it's almost nonexistent today.
As we reported ... Martin was detained by police Friday after his threatening post, but Blount hopes it leads to him getting the proper care he needs.
See also
'Platinum' Mike Perry I Could Kill Someone For Real ... in a UFC Fight
UFC stars claim they're gonna "kill" their opponents all the time ... but "Platinum" Mike Perry says he's the only guy who actually could -- and he's dead serious.
"People freak out when I go on social media and say, 'I'm gonna kill you' ... because they believe what I say," Platinum told TMZ Sports.
"They get upset when I say it because they think it might be a reality."
All of Mike's 11 wins have come by KO -- 12 if you count his New Year's Eve street fight -- so we ain't gonna second-guess him.
Perry says that's the plan for when he fights Max Griffin at UFC Fight Night Orlando this weekend ... saying Max might be in for "an early retirement" after they're done.
OK ... we're officially terrified.
See also
JuJu Smith-Schuster Surprises Steelers Fans ... Helps Girl Score Prom Date!!!
Stud Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster got a Hail Mary attempt from a high school girl looking to spice up her promposal, and as expected ... he came through big-time.
Here's how it went down -- Cate Bauer, a junior at Manasquan High School in New Jersey, hit up JuJu on Instagram earlier this week to see if he would help with asking her BF Brian Mason, who attends another local school, to her prom.
Since Brian and his family are diehard Steelers fans, JuJu was happy to assist ... and decided to pull it off with a surprise FaceTime call Friday.
Check out the vid -- the plan goes off without a hitch, and not only is Brian stoked (and he says yes) ... but his dad totally geeks out too!
JuJu's reward for his good deed -- as he tells everyone -- is a cruise to Mexico. Hopefully he takes Brian's dad's advice down there.