Drake Down with Giving Hero Coach Aaron Feis ESPY Courage Award

Published | Updated
022318_drake_kal
DRAKE APPROVED

Drake has joined the chorus to give fallen Marjory Stoneman Douglas coach Aaron Feis the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the upcoming ESPY's.

We got Drizzy Friday night in WeHo arriving at Craig's in a super sweet Ferrari Laferrari and asked about the hero coach.

There's a big move to honor Aaron Feis with the award, and Drake is solidly behind the movement. The awards are scheduled for July 11th.

BTW ... that model Ferrari ... costs as much as $7 mil.

Floyd Mayweather I'm All About Jets and Jewelry ... During Birthday Weekend

Published | Updated
022418_floyd_mayweather_kal
KICKIN' OFF THE WEEKEND

Floyd Mayweather did not disappoint during the kickoff to his birthday weekend ... telling us all about his new, shiny private jet.

We got Money Friday night in WeHo heading into Serafina restaurant, and he was all about the glitz of wealth. Aside from the jet, he wanted our photog to get a good look at the chain around his neck.

Our photog took a big chance with the champ, daring to say the chain was shiny like C.Z.

Floyd's 41st birthday is today, and he's throwing a blowout party for himself.

Lately he's been out Conoring McGregor, saying he'd be on top even with one arm. Speaking of ... there's a lot of talk about a UFC match between the 2, but Floyd remains coy.

Dana White Conor vs. Floyd in UFC Is More Likely ... Than Conor vs. Nate 3

Published | Updated
022118_dana_white_woodley_diaz_kal FEBRUARY 2018
JUST FIGHT!!!

Nate Diaz ain't even close to a UFC comeback -- so says Dana White, who tells TMZ Sports it's clear to him that Nate "doesn't wanna fight."

Dana's so sure ... he says it's MORE likely we see Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather inside the Octagon than a trilogy fight between Conor and Nate!!

"We've been hitting him up since the last time he fought [UFC 202], offering him fights, and he's not interested in fighting," White told us earlier this week.

FYI, the UFC honcho also told us he's talked with Floyd's camp, but isn't "in active negotiations."

One guy who Dana says IS interested in throwing down right now -- Nate's older brother, Nick Diaz, who hasn't fought in over 3 years!!!

There's more -- Dana confirmed who Tyron Woodley's next title challenger is gonna be (and if ya haven't already guessed ... it ain't Nate).

Aldon Smith Gets Engaged In Front of Joe Montana!

Published | Updated

Good news for Aldon Smith ... the Oakland Raiders star is officially engaged -- and it all went down right in front of Joe Montana!

The embattled NFL star took his girlfriend, Shawna McKnight, out to Restaurant Gary Danko in San Francisco -- one of the fanciest spots in town -- for a Valentine's Day dinner ... and they happened to be sitting right next to the 49ers legend.

During the meal, Smith dropped to his knee and busted out a fat ass diamond -- and popped the question right in the middle of the restaurant!

FYI, she said, "Yes!"

McKnight -- who's a personal trainer -- tells TMZ Sports she's only been dating Smith for about 4 months but they fell madly in love quickly and they're excited to get married.

As for a wedding date, McKnight says they haven't picked one yet -- their priority is to make sure Smith (who's currently suspended from the league) gets reinstated as soon as possible.

Congrats!

Lil Yachty Give H.S. Shooting Coach an ESPY ... Real-Life 'Superhero!'

Published | Updated

There's no debate -- the football coach who died protecting students in the Parkland, Florida shooting is 2018's Arthur Ashe Courage Award winner ... so says Lil Yachty.

"Honestly, bro, if the 'ESPYs' didn't do it -- that’s a problem," Yachy told TMZ Sports.

Yachty calls himself "the face of the youth" ... so the rap star gave us his thoughts on Aaron Feis -- the coach who gave his life shielding kids from bullets at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School -- when we got him at LAX.

"He was obviously more than just a coach. In my eyes, you do something like that, you a superhero."

FYI, one source connected to the ESPYS told TMZ Feis is a "no-brainer" for the award ... but the show's in July, so the committee won't discuss nominees until April.

Isaiah Thomas Lakers Should Probably Ditch Him ... Says Former Laker

Published | Updated
022018_deveon_george_kal
PERFECT PAIRING?

Isaiah Thomas and Lonzo Ball miiight be able to mesh ... but the Lakers are probably better off letting I.T. walk this summer -- so says former longtime Laker Devean George.

We got Devean at LAX on Monday ... and the 3-time NBA champ wasn't ready to close the book on the Zo-I.T. era just yet.

"They're the same position, but they do different things. I.T. comin' in tryna score that thang, and you got somebody tryna dish it, so it might be able to work," George told TMZ Sports.

That said, D.G. told us the Lakers should look at other free agents before paying Isaiah a dime.

"I'd wait and see who else is on the market first."

Here's who else -- Chris Paul, DeMarcus Cousins, Paul George ... oh, and LEBRON -- who LaVar Ball told us is a lock to join Lonzo in L.A.

021618_lavar_ball_kal FEBRUARY 2018
THE LEBRON PREDICTION

Jonathan Martin LAPD Treating Gun Pic As 'Serious Threat'

Published | Updated

The LAPD does not believe ex-NFL player Jonathan Martin's gun photo on Instagram was a harmless social media prank -- they're treating it as a "serious threat" ... this according to sources directly involved in the investigation.

Multiple sources tell TMZ Sports ... Martin recently purchased 2 firearms -- and the gun pictured appears to match up with one of the guns he recently bought.

We're told police are working with all 4 individuals tagged in Martin's post to make sure they're safe.

As we previously reported ... Martin was detained by police Friday after word spread of his threatening post. Harvard-Westlake School in L.A. -- which Martin also mentioned in his IG pic -- cancelled classes Friday out of an abundance of caution.

It now seems the move was justified.

Tekashi69 Fights Like a Bitch ... Says UFC Champ

Published | Updated

If Tekashi69 wants more static in the streets, dude's gotta learn how to REALLY fight -- because UFC champ Tyron Woodley says the brawl at LAX was straight-up "embarrassing."

Woodley broke down the fight on "The Hollywood Beatdown" -- with special guest Raquel ... a self-described "International Hood Captain" ... and they're telling everyone why Tekashi should quit brawling while he's ahead.

There's more ... Tyron -- a proud gun owner -- also gets into it with Evan about why the government better not come for his AR-15. Does he have a point?

Also, Tyron reveals the CRAZY monster truck stunt he pulled at the Daytona 500 -- and why he almost got arrested after the race!

Check out "The Hollywood Beatdown" -- which drops every Friday on the TMZ Sports YouTube channel.

NFL's Jonathan Martin Detained By Police Over Gun Pic ... High School Closes

Published | Updated

Ex-NFL player Jonathan Martin -- who was at the center of the Miami Dolphins bullying scandal -- has been detained by police ... after he allegedly posted a disturbing photo of a gun, ammo and the names of ex-NFL teammates.

The post first appeared on Martin's Instagram account -- showing an image of a shotgun surrounded by ammunition with the caption, "When you're a bully victim & a coward your options are suicide, or revenge."

He also listed social media handles for ex-Dolphins teammates Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncey.

Martin also posted the name of his former high school -- Harvard Westlake -- one of the most exclusive private schools in the country.

Harvard Westlake closed the school in the wake of the threats -- telling students to stay off-campus in an abundance of caution.

Law enforcement tells TMZ Sports ... "The individual we believe to be responsible for the social media post has been detained and the investigation is ongoing."

Martin famously accused Incognito and Pouncey of physically and emotionally abusing him during his stint on the Miami Dolphins in 2013.

The players claimed they were just harmlessly hazing Martin.

The NFL conducted an investigation and ruled that Martin was harassed.

Dick Vitale NCAA Hoops Can Be Fixed 'Pay the Players!!'

Published | Updated
0223-dick-vitale-audio-art-16x9-primary-01
GOTTA PROTECT THE KIDS

Dick Vitale says he's heartbroken by the bombshell report uncovering alleged corruption in the NCAA ... but tells TMZ Sports he knows what the org. can do to fix the huge problem.

PAY THE PLAYERS, ALREADY!

We spoke with the college basketball legend about the FBI documents obtained by Yahoo! Sports which appear to show a high-powered sports agency illegally paying high profile players like Markelle Fultz and Miles Bridges while they were in high school and college in hopes of signing them later on.

"It broke my heart," Vitale says about the report ... "It's a blow."

Vitale is concerned the corruption runs much deeper -- pointing out these names were only found after feds raiding ONE agency.

Don't worry ... Dickie V has a solution -- he's calling for the NCAA to let players get paid for appearances, autographs and other profitable ventures while playing in college.

Dickie V says it's not gonna solve the issue 100% ... but it would definitely "minimize" the amount of sleazy money being made under the table.

"(The NCAA) is making zillions of dollars ... why not allow it," Vitale says.

"Let them get paid. I really believe that in my heart, because this has gotten totally out of control right now."

Esteban Loaiza's GF Back Off My Man ... Stop with the BS!!

Published | Updated

Esteban Loaiza's girlfriend is sick of the blowback from the ex-MLB star's bombshell cocaine arrest ... so she's taken to social media to clap back at the haters.

"It's not fair that some people are just looking to tarnish his career and ruin his reputation with made-up nonsense when they know that's not the case," Esteban's GF, Ross Labra, said in a post.

"So please, whoever does not have anything good to say should limit their comments because no one is perfect, only God, and nobody is exempt from finding themselves in a situation like this."

Ross also passed along a message from Esteban ... who pled not guilty to his 3 felony drug charges in a San Diego courtroom earlier this month.

"Esteban asked me to thank all the people who have remembered him and are supporting him with their messages and prayers."

FYI, the former All-Star pitcher was arrested earlier this month after cops found him in possession of over 40 POUNDS of blow ... labeling him a "sophisticated" cocaine smuggler.

If convicted, Loaiza faces over 20 years in prison.

Harlem Globetrotters Alley-Oop From Fan w/ Down Syndrome

Published | Updated
022318_camden_catholic_kal_v2
SPINNIN' WITH THE PROS!
Harlem Globetrotters

The Harlem Globetrotters have recruited a new superstar hooper to their roster -- and she's still in high school!!

Globies star Zeus McClurkin surprised Kate Spadaro -- a senior basketball player with Down Syndrome -- at Camden Catholic H.S. in N.J. on Thursday ... calling for her assistance on some awesome highlight plays!!

FYI -- Kate is already used to scoring buckets -- she scored 2 points in her varsity debut last week!!

But the fun didn't stop there ... she got hooked up with a custom jersey and tickets to a Globies game in March ... and learned some of the Globetrotters' signature trick moves.

You gotta check out the video ... Kate loved every second of it ... and even busted out a nice whip and nae nae dance!!

Matt Barnes Ex-Wife Rejects Olive Branch ... Trashes NBA Star Instead

Published | Updated

Matt Barnes asked his ex-wife last night if they could finally make peace -- instead, a war ensued -- with the two sides trashing the hell out of each other online.

It started when Matt posted a message to Gloria Govan on social media saying, "Wanna wish the mother of my children a very Happy Birthday! Hope this day is everything you hoped for and more."

"Although things have been rocky to say the least the last 4yrs I hope that for the sake of our two beautiful baby boys we can come together & co parent them to the best of our abilities! No more games or bullshit.. They need both of our love & support equally!"

"We lead different lives now but we still on the same team."

Seems harmless and well-intentioned, right? Gloria didn't take it that way and fired back ...

"Thank you, I think? And yes One can only continue to pray that you take your own advice and learn to peacefully co parent! But until then I'll see you in court next week because you love a frivolous lawsuit. But hey let's keep co-parenting."

Yeah ... Olive Branch attempt REJECTED.

Of course, Matt responded with some thoughts (and allegations) of his own ...

"Well ... stealing money my social security # & forging my signature to buy your parents night club & house is pretty serious but hey .. I tried! See you in court! Oh & happy bday."

So much for burying the hatchet ...

Aaron Rodgers Races to Mexico w/ Danica ... Besame Mucho!

Published | Updated

Things are heating up FAST for Aaron Rodgers and Danica Patrick -- the couple just shot down to Mexico for a romantic beach vacation ... just days after the Daytona 500.

The two were spotted cozying up together at a fancy resort in a Mexican beach town -- cuddling, kissing ... you know, doing all the things couples do on beach vacations.

Aaron and Danica have only been dating for about 2 months -- but things seem pretty serious. They've been spotted around Arizona together and he flew out to Florida this past weekend to watch Danica's final NASCAR race.

Danica broke up with her previous boyfriend, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., back in December. She started dating Aaron almost immediately afterward, but says they've known each other since 2012.

Floyd Mayweather: Check Out My New $2 Million Fleet!

Published | Updated
022318_floyd_mayweather_kal
BLEW A CHECK ON MY WRIST

Floyd Mayweather rolled out $2 MILLION in cars, jewelry and cash to dominate the Rodeo Drive shopping scene in Bev Hills ... and gave TMZ Sports a private tour of his new toys.

First off, our guy tried like hell to press Floyd on the possible Conor McGregor rematch -- but the dude bobbed and weaved like ... well, like he's Floyd Mayweather.

Instead, Floyd bragged about his upcoming 41st birthday celebration -- and showed us the new $600,000 Rolls-Royce and $1.3 MILLION Bugatti he's using to drive him around L.A.

Oh, he also bought a new $100,000 Rolex and showed off about $100,000 (maybe more?) in cash he had on him the entire time.

The video is an embarrassment of riches -- so, naturally, we had to ask what's next for the boxer?

What he says actually makes a lot of sense ...

022318_floyd_mayweather_cars_kal
BIRTHDAY SWAG

Germany's Nicole Schott Sure, Heil Skate to 'Schindler's List' During the Olympics!!!

Published | Updated

A German figure skater twirling to the score from "Schindler's List" -- how could she Nazi see the backlash coming?

Yup, Nicole Schott performed her long program Thursday in Pyeongchang to the song that instantly reminds people of the Holocaust ... the disdain from Winter Olympics viewers was immediate.

As one person so eloquently put it ... "ABORT ABORT ABORT!"

Schott did not. She also did not earn a medal ... though we're pretty sure that was purely based on her skating, and not her music choice.

It's worth noting ... several other skaters have used the 'Schindler's' score since the movie came out in 1993. Even Johnny Weir's done it -- but it wasn't in the Olympics, and he's not German.

Skating great Katarina Witt -- a 2 time gold medalist and German -- showed support for Schott. Witt says she too skated to the music, and adds ... 'Schindler's' director Steven Spielberg approved.

Still, if a South African skated to the "Cry Freedom" score -- or Team USA's Bradie Tennell used the "Mississippi Burning" theme ... it would feel beyond awkward.

Just sayin'.