Mike Tyson Deontay Wilder Could Beat Me? 'I Don't Think So'
Heavyweight champ Deontay Wilder boldly claimed he's so good, he would have even knocked out Mike Tyson is his prime.
Mike Tyson respectfully disagrees.
"Iron Mike" was leaving Mastro's Steakhouse in Beverly Hills on Wednesday when we asked him about the statement Wilder gave us last month -- that there's no fighter in history who could beat him.
JANUARY 2018
That includes a 1986 Mike Tyson.
"I don't think so," Tyson told TMZ Sports.
Lennox Lewis has previously weighed in on the debate -- taking Tyson over Wilder.
"I like Wilder but he’s never been in there with someone that ferocious who truly wants to break his ribs with every punch. I don’t see it!"
Tyson is 51 now and hasn't fought since 2005 ... but woulda been a good one, right?!
See also
Dana White Yes, I'm Stripping Conor's Belt ... No Deal with Floyd Yet
It's official ... Dana White tells TMZ Sports he's definitely stripping Conor McGregor's lightweight title, so Khabib and Tony Ferguson can fight for the "real" belt.
So, what does that mean for a possible Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor rematch?
Don't worry ... we talked about that, too.
"The only way a rematch makes sense in that fight is in the UFC," White says. He also confirms the two sides are talking.
White says he doesn't think Floyd needs the money -- but if he's serious about an MMA fight against one of the baddest combat sports athletes on the planet ... "he absolutely should be worried about his skills."
White insists there is NO deal done right now -- but says, "Anything is possible."
As for Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson ... Dana says Conor understands that he must strip the belt so the two guys can fight for the title.
He hopes Conor returns to the octagon in August or Sept. to fight the winner of that match.
Then again, with the kind of money Conor made in his last fight ... Dana says, "Conor might never come back."
See also
MLB Prospect Wearing '58 Strong' Glove To Honor Vegas Shooting Victims
MLB prospect Bubba Derby -- who heroically used his body as a human shield during the Las Vegas massacre -- has reported to Brewers spring training with a "58 Strong" glove to honor the people who were killed in the shooting.
The 23-year-old pitcher was in the crowd at the Route 91 Harvest Festival on Oct. 1 when a deranged man opened fire on the crowd from the Mandalay Bay hotel.
Derby threw his body over two women in the crowd to shield them from the bullets -- and then stayed with the girls until they were reunited with their friends.
We reached out to Derby who tells us he's dedicating the 2018 season -- and every season -- to the 58 people who lost their lives in the shooting ... "They will never be forgotten."
Derby says he plans to use the "58 Strong" glove for the entire 2018 season.
See also
SI Swimsuit Model Angie Everhart Files for Divorce
-
EXCLUSIVE
- 1 shares
Angie Everhart has filed for divorce ... TMZ has learned.
Everhart cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for ending her marriage to Carl Ferro. The couple married in 2014.
Sources tell us there is no prenup, so community property laws apply, which provides a 50/50 of assets acquired during the marriage.
Angie, a model who also appeared in numerous TV shows and movies, including "Last Action Hero," also wants spousal support from Ferro, who owns Sunfare, a meal delivery service.
Angie and Carl each have one child from previous relationships but none together.
TMZ broke the story of their engagement. He popped the question in 2014 ... in an elevator.
This is Angie's second marriage. She was previously married to George Hamilton's son Ashley. They divorced in 1997.
See also
Golfer Bill Haas Calls 911 to Describe 'Terrible Head-on Collision'
Golf star Bill Haas was completely disoriented when he called 911 following a fatal car crash involving the Ferrari he was a passenger in during the wreck.
TMZ obtained audio of the call Haas made immediately following last week's crash in Pacific Palisades, CA. The 71-year-old driver of the Ferrari was killed. The crash also involved Luke Wilson's car, although he was not injured.
In the audio, you can hear Haas say he's just been involved in a terrible head-on collision and the driver is trapped.
The dispatcher asks Bill if they'll need to rip the car apart to get to the trapped driver. Haas says yes. As we reported ... the 35-year-old golfer was rushed to a hospital where he was treated for pain and swelling in his legs. He's expected to make a full recovery.
See also
Derek Jeter On School Shooting ... Marlins Will Help Florida Heal
Derek Jeter is vowing to use his experience playing after the 9/11 attacks to help Florida fans cope with the massacre that left 17 people dead in the Parkland school shooting.
Jeter was in Ft. Lauderdale at a Chamber of Commerce meeting when Evan Golden -- a TV producer who graduated from Stoneman Douglas in '99 -- asked for advice on handling the tragedy.
Jeter and the Yankees -- and the sport of baseball -- are credited with playing a big part in returning a sense of normalcy to life following the 2001 attack.
"Sports has that great ability to bring people together. The fan base in New York really rallied around us on September 11th," Jeter says.
"Those horrific events that happened last week, nothing will change that. We can learn from it. Hopefully over time we find something to cheer for."
When an audience member yelled out, "Hopefully the Marlins will do it here" ... Jeter's response?
"We will do our part."
See also
Kirk Cousins Should Make Jets Beg For Him Says Ex-Jet Hugh Douglas
The Jets are desperate for Kirk Cousins, and everyone knows it ... so the QB should make 'em get on their hands and knees -- so says former Jets LB Hugh Douglas.
"If I'm Kirk Cousins, I'm gonna ask them to show me how bad do you really want me," Douglas told TMZ Sports out in Atlanta.
"Gimme all the money. I want a bologna sandwich at my locker every morning -- that's how bad you want me."
02/02/18
FYI, Kirk's still technically on the Redskins ... but even he knows he's as good as gone after the Alex Smith trade.
Hugh explains why Gang Green's gotta pounce ... and it's got everything to do with Baker Mayfield and the NFL draft's other QBs.
H.D. was a 3-time Pro Bowler with the Eagles too, so he also told us what Nick Foles should do next ... and if him and T.O. are still beefing all these years after their infamous locker room throwdown.
See also
Mark Cuban Worst Day Ever Fined $600k for Tanking
Mark Cuban was just fined $600k by the NBA for openly admitting to tanking ... less than 24 hours after a bombshell report was released exposing "predatory sexual behavior" in the Mavs' workplace.
"Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has been fined $600,000 for public statements detrimental to the NBA," the league said in a statement.
Cuban made his tanking comments on Dr. J's podcast earlier this week, saying -- "I'm probably not supposed to say this, but I just had dinner with a bunch of our guys the other night ... and I said, 'Look, losing is our best option.'"
The fine's chump change for a billionaire like Cuban ... but the timing couldn't be worse.
Sports Illustrated published an article Tuesday night alleging crude sexual harassment on the part of former Mavs president and CEO Terdema Ussery. The article also claims a former writer for the Mavs' website kept his job despite committing multiple acts of domestic assault.
Both employees -- as well as the Mavs' head of HR -- are no longer with the team ... and Cuban has since hired an independent law firm to investigate.
See also
Jemele Hill I Still Think Trump's a White Supremacist
Jemele Hill says her opinion of Donald Trump has NOT changed -- she still believes he's a white supremacist ... but she probably wouldn't ever tweet that again.
The ESPN star appeared on "The View" on Wednesday and was asked about the tweet that led to her suspension back in October.
"I still stand by what I said," Hill told Meghan McCain ... adding, "I don't think his supporters are white supremacists."
However, Hill says Trump is surrounded by people with similar beliefs -- including Steve Bannon and others who have "played footsie" with white supremacists.
Hill also said if she had to do it over again, she wouldn't have tweeted -- instead she would have gone to ESPN and asked to write a column so she could have explained her position in greater detail.
We spoke with Hill after the show and she told us ESPN has given her the green light to talk about "issues that intersect with race sports culture and politics" in her new role with ESPN's website, the Undefeated.
And since she's a pop culture fanatic, we also asked Hill about comic books and the new "House Party" remake!
See also
Chuck Liddell to Tito Ortiz: I Got Proof UFC Docs Will Clear Me ... To Kick Your Ass AGAIN
Chuck Liddell says he's got legit evidence his health ain't an issue, so if Tito Ortiz wants it like he claims, he can absolutely get it!!
The Iceman fired back at Ortiz when we got him out in Calabasas, telling TMZ Sports he'd be "shocked" if UFC doctors didn't clear him for an Octagon return ... to smash Tito for the 3rd time in his career.
Chuck's proof -- he recently set out to scale a 20,000-FOOT mountain for a YouTube Red special ... and the 48-year-old says their docs gave him a clean bill of health for the grueling climb.
Guessing their medical tests are a little different ... but Chuck told us the UFC's cleared fighters in way worse shape than him, anyway.
So, Liddell says he's praying Tito puts pen to paper ... but explains why he has real doubts Ortiz will do it.
See also
Mark Cuban Defended By 'Shark Tank' Partner ... 'No Problems Here'
One of Mark Cuban's "Shark Tank" business partners says the billionaire always acted like a consummate pro with her ... and she'd be SHOCKED if he really did know about the horrible things happening with the Dallas Mavs.
We spoke with Raven Thomas who got Mark to invest in her gourmet food business -- The Painted Pretzel -- during a 2012 episode of "Shark Tank."
Thomas had nothing but positive things to say about her 6-year work relationship with Cuban -- and says he's always been a respectful partner and honorable business owner.
In fact, Thomas says she was "shocked" by the allegations that the Mavs' front office was a nightmare for women ... saying, "I would be surprised, shocked if he had any knowledge of this and didn't do anything about it."
Thomas says she's also spoken with other people who work with Mark and has not heard anything negative about their experiences.
"I have not heard one other entrepreneur say they've had a problem with [Mark] at all."
See also
Cal Ripken Jr. Crazy Huge Estate ... Hitting Auction Block
Wanna own a home with its own baseball field, indoor basketball court, full gym ... and a private fishing pond?!!?
Good news -- Cal Ripken Jr. is putting his incredible Maryland home on the auction block ... which means it could all be yours if you've got roughly $10 million to spend!
Ripken initially put the 24-acre estate on the market for $12.5 mil back in 2016 -- but the price was just too damn high ... so Cal chopped the asking price down to $9.75 mil back in April 2017.
Still, no takers -- but Cal's motivated to sell ... so he's bringing the home to auction with no reserve on May 12.
Here are the highlights ... the home is roughly 22,000 square feet and has 6 bedrooms, 15 bathrooms, a home theater, 10-person spa, private hiking trails, pool and a kitchen that can fit 100 people!
Oh, and the baseball field has a private locker room with a training area and a batting cage!
See also
Rick Pitino He's NOT a Bad Guy ... Says Ex-Louisville Star
Rick Pitino is not the cheating monster he's being made out to be in the media ... he's actually a REALLY good dude who STILL takes care of his former players ... so says one ex-Louisville hoops star.
We spoke with Luke Hancock -- who was the Final Four "most outstanding player" during the 2013 national championship run ... and he's going to bat for his coach in a big way.
"I feel honored to have been a Louisville Cardinal," Hancock says ... telling TMZ Sports the allegations surrounding Pitino's basketball program do not reflect the man he truly is.
In fact, Hancock says Pitino personally took care of him when his father was gravely ill and he still looks to Rick as a "father figure."
Of course, the NCAA moved to vacate Louisville's national championship and dozens of wins after finding that officials in the U of L program were organizing sex parties for recruits and players.
But Luke says the NCAA will never be able to erase the fact that their team was one of the best ever -- and he's still got the rings to prove it!
See also
Metta World Peace I Really Love Omarosa My Big Sis on 'Big Brother'
Metta World Peace says he's got 10 new brothers and sisters after "Celebrity Big Brother" -- including Omarosa, who ain't a villain like she's portrayed on TV.
"To me, Omarosa, she's just a nice lady, a big sister that I really love," World Peace told TMZ Sports the day after being eliminated from the show.
Metta also told us he got even closer to his boy, Chuck Liddell, through boxing (and chess!) ... and says he knows the REAL reason the UFC Hall of Famer was the 1st cast member to get the boot.
MWP explains that he was ultimately happy to get the axe, too, 'cause it was too hard being away from his real fam.
"I was crying more than I ever cried in my life."
Metta misses his wife and sums up the game of Big Brother #CBBUS pic.twitter.com/w2oC3XfLYa
@Tooms_BB
See also
MLB Legend Orlando Cepeda In Critical Condition After 'Cardiac Incident'
Feb 21. 9:06 AM PT -- The San Francisco Giants released a statement saying Cepeda was hospitalized due to a "cardiac incident" ... and is in critical condition.
7:45 AM PT -- Cepeda "suffered a severe blow to the skull" after falling in the parking lot of his gym on Monday ... Orlando's family friend, Minor League Dodgers coach Paco Figueroa, told Puerto Rican newspaper El Nuevo Dia.
Baseball Hall of Famer Orlando Cepeda, 80, was rushed to a Bay Area hospital on Monday night ... according to an SF Giants team official who spoke with one of Cepeda's family members.
The official had no information on Cepeda's current condition or the reason he was hospitalized.
Orlando's last public appearance was at AT&T Park in January ... when he joined Willie McCovey and other former Giants teammates for Mac's 80th birthday party.
Cepeda is one of the greatest players in Giants history, making 7 All-Star teams (6 with SF) and winning NL MVP in 1967 with the Cardinals. He also played for the Braves, A's, Red Sox and Royals.
He became the 2nd Puerto Rican player to make the Hall in '99, joining Roberto Clemente.
Story developing ...
See also
Floyd Mayweather Flosses Another Insanely Expensive Watch
Stop us if you've heard this one before ...
Floyd Mayweather hit up a crazy expensive restaurant sporting a crazy expensive watch -- and couldn't wait to show off his jewelry on camera!
This time, Floyd -- surrounded by his TMT bodyguards -- was in the mood for fancy Chinese food at Mr Chow in Bev Hills ... and on the way out it, he let his blinged-out wrist do the talking.
As we've previously reported, Mayweather has an insane watch collection -- including a $2 MILLION diamond-covered timepiece ... which he showed off back in 2016.
He also bought a $1.1 million diamond-covered Hublot watch during a shopping spree at a mall in Dubai back in 2015. It's one of the most expensive watches in the world.
No word if the watch he rocked on Tuesday is brand new or an old favorite -- but one thing's for sure ... it's expensive.