Carmelo Anthony's 2nd Grade Son ... Dominating 3rd Grade Basketball
Carmelo Anthony's son is a BEAST on the court -- and he's only 8 years old ... with his youth team crushing it in a 3rd grade national tournament ... despite the fact they're only 2nd graders.
TMZ Sports has learned ... Melo's son Kiyan is a member of the New York Gauchos -- which competed at the elite AAU Nationals this weekend in Orlando.
We spoke with NYG's basketball director, Maxwell Cole, who told us the team is so good, they're competing against bigger and older kids and WINNING!
In fact, Cole says the Gauchos finished 9th overall -- impressive considering how many 3rd grade AAU teams there are in the country!!!
As for Kiyan, Maxwell tells us he's great -- and seems to be getting better every day.
"He knows the game. You can tell the influence his dad has on him. You know he comes from a basketball family."
Both Melo and LaLa were in the stands cheering on their son (who wears #7 like his dad) ... and we're told Shaquille O'Neal also stopped by to support the kids!
As we previously reported, LeBron's 10-year-old kid, Bronny, is dominating 4th grade hoops -- so James vs. Anthony NBA showdown in 2026???
See also
Khloe Kardashian Won't Destroy James Harden ... Says NBA Legend
Don't worry Rockets fans ... just because James Harden is banging a Kardashian doesn't mean he's gonna suck -- so says NBA legend Sidney Wicks.
Wicks spent 10 years in the NBA and was a 4-time All Star -- and insists that what happens in the bedroom doesn't really have an impact on the court.
"You date whoever you want as long as you're able to focus your lives and keep them separate," Wicks says.
Wicks also says Harden doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would be distracted by all the media fanfare that comes with dating Khloe K.
Plus, history shows dating a Kardashian can sometimes be GOOD for a career -- just ask Reggie Bush (Super Bowl) and Lamar Odom (NBA Champ).
See also
DeAndre Jordan Taunted at Vegas Pool ... With Kevin Durant
DeAndre Jordan was heckled on his way out of a Vegas pool party this weekend -- with people telling him he sucks and the Clippers suck as he left Wet Republic with Kevin Durant.
TMZ Sports spoke with Aloun Siharath -- a Vegas promoter who was walking with Jordan's entourage as they left the pool party at the MGM Grand ... who tells us Jordan and his pals were cool, calm and collected and never let the hecklers bother them.
In fact, in the video you can hear people yelling for security -- but we're told the situation didn't get to a point where anyone was arrested.
Jordan and Durant continued to party -- hitting up various nightclubs and parties ... and even hanging with former Clippers star Matt Barnes.
Good news for Jordan -- the heckling was kind of like a test run for when the Clippers play in Dallas ... only it'll probably be a LOT worse.
See also
John Cena BREAKS NOSE ON LIVE TV ... From Knee to Face
Still think wrestling is fake??
WWE superstar John Cena -- star of one of the biggest movies in the country right now -- broke his nose during Monday Night Raw last night ... after Seth Rollins bashed him in the face with a flying knee.
Despite blood dripping from his honker, the "Trainwreck" star continued with the match
WWE doc Steve Daquino says Cena suffered a nasal fraction -- and explained, "He’s got quite a bit of displacement, so we sent him over to the local emergency room so he can be evaluated by the ears, nose and throat doctor who’s on call tonight and see what can be done to properly repair it."
Damn.
By the way, Cena ended up WINNING the match.
See also
Metta World Peace Kobe Won't Call Roy Hibbert ... Until He Proves Himself
Kobe Bryant is NOT the Lakers welcoming committee -- and won't call new teammates like Roy Hibbert and Lou Williams until they EARN a phone call ... so says Metta World Peace.
Metta knows what he's talking about -- he played with Kobe for years ... and says it's not Kobe's responsibility to call the new guys and make them feel welcome. It's on them to prove they belong.
BTW -- this all stems from the Lakers introductory news conference when Roy, Lou and Brandon Bass were asked if Kobe had reached out ... and the response was awkward silence.
So ... no.
But it's not just Kobe who busts out the cold shoulder for newbies -- Metta says notorious nice guy Tim Duncan gave a 19-year-old Tony Parker the silent treatment for AN ENTIRE YEAR until the pup earned his stripes.
We checked ... it's true. Damn, Timmy so cold.
See also
Gerard Pique Soccer Star Hits Half Court NBA Shot
Soccer superstar Gerard Pique proved his hands are just as accurate as his feet ... sinking a half-court NBA shot on his first try during a shootaround with Golden State Warriors star Harrison Barnes.
Shakira's baby daddy -- along with the rest of FC Barcelona -- took a break from training to shoot some hoop with Barnes in San Francisco recently.
And while a bunch of the guys shot like crap -- seriously, some were pretty terrible -- Pique showed that he's a virtual sharpshooter from downtown.
3rd Splash Brother, anyone?
Boxer Victor Ortiz Arrested at Kenny Chesney Concert ... Assault with Deadly Weapon
Ex-boxing champ Victor Ortiz -- who once competed on "Dancing with the Stars" -- was arrested at the Kenny Chesney concert in Pasadena this weekend for assault with a deadly weapon ... TMZ Sports has learned.
Michael Jordan Watch Me Wobble, Baby (Video)
Michael Jordan's got moves!!!!
His Airness put his wobble on display at Barley Mash nightclub in San Diego this weekend in front of a packed house ... and the 52-year-old proved his greatness extends to the dance floor.
Check out the video ... Jordan also hits the bar for a shot -- and continues to dance his face off ... while some guy shamelessly tries to dance over into his space. It's pretty funny.
As we previously reported, Jordan was in full clubbin' mode -- hitting up Parq nightclub earlier in the night with his wife and Dwight Freeney, sippin' on $4,000 tequila.
It's good to be Jordan.
See also
NFL's Vontaze Burfict Battle Testing Repaired Knee ... After Major Surgery
Bad news for QBs ... Vontaze Burfict's knee is definitely functional again after a major off-season surgery -- and we're told he's been killing himself in the gym to get back to full strength.
After dominating in 2013, the Cincinnati Bengals linebacker missed most of the '14 season after suffering cartilage damage in his left knee ... and underwent microfracture surgery back in January.
But Burfict has been an animal in the gym, determined to regain his Pro Bowl form ... and our NFL sources tell us they've been impressed by how quickly he's bouncing back.
In fact, Burfict has been hitting cone drills and box jumps in the past week and looks pretty good.
Of course, destroying people on the field is a completely different story -- but he's clearly on his way.
Rob Schneider Burglarized $175K Willie Mays Baseball Card Stolen
3:55 PM PT -- Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the burglars broke in through a sliding glass door in the rear of the home, using some kind of blunt object to break the glass.
Rob Schneider's home was burglarized Friday night and uber-expensive jewelry was taken, but nothing as expensive as an ultra-rare baseball card.
The 'Deuce Bigalow' star was at the Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal, and his wife and kid were out to dinner in L.A. when the thieves broke into their Encino home. They made off with his wife's diamond engagement ring, a Cartier watch and other expensive items.
But the biggest ticket item ... a mint condition 1951 Bowman Willie Mays rookie card ... valued at $175,000.
Rob famously collects old baseball cards, especially from the '50s and '60s. The thieves also made off with a 1953 Willie Mays Topps and a 1971 as well. The Willie Mays cards were separate from Rob's main card collection, which the thieves didn't find.
One source familiar with the investigation tells TMZ ... the Willie Mays card is so rare, it will be difficult or impossible to fence it.
See also
NFL's Jonathan Martin Retiring From Football At the Age of 25
Add another name to the trend of young players who've retired from the NFL at an early age ... Panthers OL Jonathan Martin has chosen to hang up his cleats at the age of 25.
Martin was expected to miss the entire 2015 season with a back injury, but NFL reporter Ian Rappaport says he's chosen retirement rather than a lengthy rehab.
He played for three teams in his NFL career, but was most notable for being at the center of a bullying scandal while a member of the Miami Dolphins.
We reached out to Martin for comment ... so far, no word back.
Taylor Swift Does Solid For Houston Astros ... Or Just Jinxed Them
The battle for Minute Maid Park is over ... and the Houston Astros have won -- with Taylor Swift agreeing to reschedule a concert date that would have conflicted with an Astros playoff game.
Michael Jordan Sippin' $4,000 Tequila ... In Nightclub Turn Up
Michael Jordan hit the club in San Diego this weekend ... dancing his face off and sipping VERY expensive tequila ... and TMZ Sports has the footage.
MJ and his wife -- along with NFL star Dwight Freeney -- rolled up to Parq Restaurant & Nightclub on Saturday night where he got his own private VIP area ... with security watching his back the whole time.
We're told Jordan was drinking a bottle of Clase Azul Ultra tequila ... which runs roughly $4,000-a-pop inside the club ... because he's frickin' Michael Jordan and money is absolutely no object.
At one point, he grabbed a flashlight and started messing with one of his friends while dancing to Big Sean's "Blessings."
#GOAT
See also
NHL's T.J. Oshie Marries Smokin' Hot Blonde (Pics)
Washington Capitols star T.J. Oshie -- the hero for the U.S. Olympic hockey team -- is officially a married man ... after tying the knot to his ridiculously attractive baby mama.
Oshie and his longtime GF, Lauren Cosgrove, got hitched in a ceremony in Minnesota this weekend ... surrounded by friends, family members and their 16-month-old daughter, Lyla.
A few of T.J.'s former St. Louis Blues teammates were there too ... including David Backes.
Check out the pics ... T.J. did good.
See also
Terrell Owens Furious Over Junior Seau
Terrell Owens is pissed that Junior Seau's family won't be able to speak live at the NFL legend's Hall of Fame induction ceremony ... saying the whole thing is "terrible."
Seau is set to be posthumously enshrined in Canton in August -- and while the family will be able to make a video message to be played during the ceremony, they're pissed ... claiming they should be able to give a live speech.
And when we saw Owens over the weekend -- T.O. told TMZ Sports, he very strongly agrees with Seau's family.
"It's a time to recognize this guy and his accomplishments. If it wasn't for his family, there wouldn't be no Junior Seau. I think it's terrible if you ask me."
The Hall of Fame says they're just abiding by the H.O.F. policy. Maybe it's time to change the stupid policy.
See also
Tour de France Cops Vs. Car Shooting ... 2 Arrested
Madness at the Tour de France ... where cops opened fire on a car that was speeding toward them at the finish line -- and now, officials say they have arrested the driver.
It all went down Sunday morning ... where cops say they fired several shots at the vehicle when the driver disobeyed orders to stop and was barreling at them. As the bullets flew, the car turned away and sped off.
But now, officials say they have arrested the driver ... a 17-year-old boy. Another person also surrendered in connection to the incident.
Cops say they also have the vehicle -- which was littered with bullet holes from the shooting.
Story developing ...