Rick Ross to Adrien Broner: Don't Sweat Mayweather ... I Got Your Back
Rick Ross seems to be taking sides in the Floyd Mayweather vs. Adrien Broner beef -- partying with Broner in Miami this weekend ... and TMZ Sports has the footage.
It's interesting ... considering Ross had MAJOR beef with Floyd in the past -- but they seemed to bury the hatchet a few years ago.
Now, with Broner and Mayweather seemingly at war ... Ross seemed to make a pretty statement by allowing Broner into his VIP section at LIV nightclub on Sunday, where he kicked it with DJ Khaled and Lil Wayne.
FYI -- the beef between Ross and Floyd was SUPER HEATED back in the day, with Ross dropping a major diss track ... saying things like "f**k Floyd Mayweather" and calling him another word for a cat.
Ross sent Floyd $10,000 worth of champagne before the Pacquiao fight -- leading many to think the feud was over -- but now that he's hanging with Broner ... should we expect a new diss track??
**WARNING -- DISS TRACK CONTAINS EXPLICIT LANGUAGE**
See also
Yasiel Puig Denies Striking Sister ... 'Big Misunderstanding'
L.A. Dodgers star Yasiel Puig is adamant he never laid a hand on his sister at a Miami bar last week ... claiming they did get into an argument, but things NEVER got physical.
Puig's good friend Alex Vega tells TMZ Sports he was with Yasiel that night and admits things got heated between the Puig siblings, but Yasiel swears he never touched her.
As we previously reported, bar staffers tell us the entire incident was captured on surveillance video -- and it shows Yasiel slapping his sister's hand and pulling her hair.
But Vega says Yasiel says there must be some kind of mistake -- because he's certain he never touched her.
Puig was not arrested and no charges have been filed -- but MLB officials and the Dodgers have opened an investigation into the incident in hopes of figuring out what really went down.
See also
DeAndre On Mark Cuban: If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say ...
Turns out, the hatchet ain't buried after all ...
It's been 5 months since that whole DeAndre Jordan vs. Mark Cuban contract thing went down back in July -- so, Monday night we asked DeAndre if things were finally cool between the two.
Watch the clip ... seems like the beef is still on the table.
Side note ... check out the ladies getting into DeAndre's ride outside Nice Guy in West Hollywood.
#ItsGoodToBeDeAndre
See also
Howie Long 'I've Had Head Trauma ... But Nothing Significant'
They're 3 scary letters ... but Howie Long says when it comes to CTE, the NFL is doing "as good a job as you can" in preventing players from suffering brain injuries on the field.
Donovan McNabb BEGINS JAIL SENTENCE ... Behind Bars In AZ
Donovan McNabb is now Inmate #T231133 ... 'cause the ex-NFL star has officially begun his jail sentence in Arizona stemming from a DUI arrest back in June, TMZ Sports has learned.
We've confirmed McNabb has turned himself in to begin his 18 day sentence ... sporting a fresh Nike jacket.
Joseph Randle Hit With Criminal Charges ... In Casino Fight Incident
Ex-Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle has been charged with several misdemeanors stemming from his altercation with cops at a Kansas casino and faces jail time ... TMZ Sports has learned.
We broke the story ... Randle allegedly assaulted an officer at the Kansas Star Casino on Nov. 24th after he was kicked out of the place for being too drunk.
Now, the County Attorney's Office in Sumner County, KS tells us he's been formally charged with 2 counts of disorderly conduct, 1 count of criminal trespass and 1 count of resisting arrest, the most serious of the charges.
If convicted on all counts, Randle faces up to 1 year behind bars. He's due back in court next month.
FYI -- Randle is on probation in Frisco, TX for stealing cologne and underwear from a department store ... however, it's unclear if the new arrest will affect that case.
See also
Tim Tebow & Olivia Culpo Sex Never an Issue ... 'Cause We NEVER Dated
It's true ... Tim Tebow did NOT have sex with ex Miss Universe Olivia Culpo, but that didn't break them up -- because they weren't actually dating ... TMZ Sports has learned.
According to multiple reports Tebow and Culpo split up recently due to Tim's commitment to abstinence. The story goes ... she wanted it, but he wasn't giving it up.
Well, sources close to the situation tell us Tebow and Culpo's romantic relationship never went beyond the rumor stage. We're told the chatter started after Olivia and Tim met in church a few months ago -- and even though their reps denied it, a lot of people ran with it.
Our sources say Tim did show interest in Olivia, and they hung out a few times WITH mutual friends ... but never had a one-on-one date.
Bottom line -- no dating, no break up and still no boning.
See also
Chris Duhon DUI Arrest Passed Out In Driver's Seat ... Engine Running
Ex-Duke basketball star Chris Duhon was arrested for extreme DUI on Monday morning after cops found him passed out in his car with the engine running ... TMZ Sports has learned.
Cops responded to a call of a "man down" around 4 AM in Eleanor, West Virginia. Officials say officers found 33-year-old Duhon, who is currently an assistant basketball coach at Marshall, fast asleep in his Ford Escape with the keys still in the ignition.
When they woke him up, cops say they noticed Duhon's eyes were red and his speech was slurred. He was taken to the Putnam County Court House after failing three field sobriety tests.
This is where it gets crazy ... cops say Duhon took a breathalyzer test while getting booked and blew a .202 ... more than TWO AND HALF times the legal limit.
Duhon was released on $1,000 bond and has been suspended by the Marshall athletic department for "violating the department's rules and policies."
Duhon was a stud at Duke from 2000 to 2004 -- winning a national title in 2001 -- and later spent 9 seasons in the NBA.
See also
Rick Fox Retire BOTH Of Kobe's Numbers ... He Deserves It
#8 or #24 ... that's the issue the Lakers will face when it comes time to retire Kobe Bryant's jersey -- but Rick Fox says he has a better solution ... RETIRE 'EM BOTH!!!
The issue is that Bryant dominated in both numbers ... winning 3 NBA championships in #8 (2000, 2001, 2002) and 2 in #24 (2009, 2010).
It's a completely different situation from Michael Jordan ... who only rocked the #45 for 22 games before switching back to #23.
So, what should the Lakers do??
Fox says it's time for the team to break tradition and let Kobe become the first player with TWO numbers in the rafters.
Stay tuned ...
related articles
USC's Clay Helton Players Go Crazy for Coach During Official Announcement
The USC football team was FIRED UP when they were officially told Clay Helton will be the permanent head coach ... swarming the guy during an epic team celebration.
USC athletic director Pat Haden broke the news to the players during a team meeting -- and everyone went crazy ... swarming Helton and chanting his name.
Helton was reportedly signed to a 3 year deal after USC stomped all over UCLA this weekend ... the 5th win he's racked up since taking over for Steve Sarkisian.
There was talk that Helton had won over the players in the past couple of weeks ... and this video definitely proves it.
See also
Shaq Congratulates Kobe ... 'Love U Lil Bro'
What feud?
Shaquille O'Neal says he loves Kobe Bryant like a brother ... despite their rocky "Tell Me How My Ass Tastes" past ... and to prove it, he offered Mamba some advice on his upcoming retirement.
"Its time for u to take it all in," Shaq tweeted to his former teammate ... "Sit back, relax & enjoy all that u have built. Love u lil bro."
The two essentially buried the hatchet back in August ... when they appeared on a podcast together and expressed regret over the way their feud played out in the media back in the day.
Of course, the biggest shot fired was Shaq's freestyle attack on Kobe in a NYC club back in 2008 ... but it seems they're both over it now.
See also
Otis Nixon Arrest Cops Found Weed In Rental Car
Another bizarre twist in the Otis Nixon arrest ... with cops saying they found marijuana in the ex-MLB star's rental car ... TMZ Sports has learned.
We broke the story ... Nixon was arrested in Georgia last week after cops found a 16-year-old boy driving a car rented to Otis ... despite the fact the boy doesn't have a license.
Now, more details ...
Cops say there were 4 people in the Dodge Charger -- two 15 year olds, a 16-year-old and an 18-year-old. The driver was 16.
When they approached the vehicle, which cops say was being driven erratically, they smelled weed ... and a search turned up around 6 grams of marijuana.
Cops also found a BB gun rifle with the stock removed and a blue bandana wrapped around the stock area.
The driver produced a letter from Nixon authorizing him to have and drive the car ... which is obviously not valid ... so a warrant was issued for Nixon's arrest.
Nixon was later taken into custody for allowing an unlicensed driver to drive and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
As for the weed, Nixon has not been charged for that.
This case keeps getting weirder ... we're on it. Stay tuned.
See also
Marc Anthony I'M THE NEW JAY Z ... Starts Sports Agency
Jay Z's got some competition in the sports management world ... all thanks to Marc Anthony -- who just started his own company and ALREADY signed a pretty huge client.
Anthony just announced the creation of Magnus Media ... Marc's version of Roc Nation Sports ... and already inked Reds closer Aroldis Chapman, who holds the record for the fastest pitch ever recorded (105 mph).
Anthony's not going at it alone -- he's partnered up with Praver Shapiro Sports Management -- a sports agency that focuses on MLB players.
Anthony's been involved with Major League Baseball for years ... and famously sang the National Anthem at Shea Stadium in 2001 when baseball resumed after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
See also
Michael B. Jordan Time for a Kobe Movie ... But I Can't Play Him
It's curtains on his career ... but the timing couldn't be better for a Kobe Bryant MOVIE -- so says Michael B. Jordan.
Prince Harry Down Goes the Prince!
Prince Harry's charity polo match in South Africa over the weekend didn't quite go as planned ... unless he was trying to get thrown off his horse.
The prince was tossed head first off his steed, but bounced right back up and appeared unscathed. Good news for Harry, but better news for his ride.
South Africans needs glue too, ya know.
See also
Yasiel Puig Bar Fight Captured On Video ... Dodgers Investigating
Yasiel Puig's Thanksgiving Eve bar fight was captured on surveillance video, sources tell TMZ Sports ... and cops say they have seen the tape.
Sources tell us ... the entire incident was recorded from multiple angles -- including the physical altercation between Yasiel and his sister.
However, we're told investigators only saw the "outside the bar" footage -- which definitively showed Puig hitting a bar manager in the face ... and then several people attacking Puig in retaliation.
As for the incident with his sister, one bar staffer who's seen the tape says the footage definitely shows Puig getting physical with the woman ... slapping her hand and pulling her hair.
TMZ Sports spoke with Dodgers team president Stan Kasten last night who tells us the team and MLB officials are still investigating.
When we asked Kasten if Puig will be on the team next season, he told us he's not ready to commit to an answer until the investigation is over.