NFL's Wallace Gilberry I Had to Help That Family ... I Saw Their Faces

Published | Updated

He's the NFL lineman who surprised a family of 7 in a Target store by picking up the check for a PS4 ... and now Bengals star Wallace Gilberry is finally explaining why he did what he did.

Gilberry's story made national news when someone shot a pic of the 270-pounder approaching the random family Monday night and offering to buy holiday gifts for the kids.

So ... why?

"I just went to Target to get some clippers to trim my beard and I saw a family with a dad, wife and five or six kids. The kids were looking at the electronics and I could tell by the mom's face that she was upset about telling the kids they wouldn't be able to afford what they wanted."

"I went up to the family and asked them if they would mind if I bought the kids whatever they wanted. They said that would be so great ... the dad said he was starting a new job and money was tight."

So, Gilberry bought a PS4 and a bunch of video games -- "One of the kids was really excited about a game called Minecraft. I don't even know what that is, but he went crazy."

In the end, Gilberry dropped somewhere close to $800 ... but says it's not about the money.

"One thing about me is that I grew up with my shirt on my back and that's it. Money doesn't define me. If I have a million dollars, I'm going to try to help a million people."

Awesome.

Otis Nixon Arrested In Georgia 'Contributing to Delinquency of a Minor'

Published | Updated

More trouble for ex-MLB star Otis Nixon ... he was arrested in Georgia this week for contributing to the delinquency of a minor ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Here's what we know ... Nixon was arrested on Nov. 24th for contributing to delinquency of a minor and permitting an unlicensed person to drive.

But here's where things get bizarre ...

Our sources tell us the whole thing centers around a 16-year-old boy who told police Nixon let him borrow a rental car that was rented under Otis' name.

We're told the boy -- who did not have a license to drive -- was pulled over by police after people called cops to report an erratic driver.

Sources say the boy told cops Nixon authorized him to use the vehicle -- and even gave him a handwritten note on "Otis Nixon Foundation" stationary in case anyone asked.

So, why was the boy driving the car in the first place? We're told the whole thing is sketchy ... we're working on the details.

Anyway, cops tracked down Nixon and arrested him Tuesday night. He was released Wednesday on $2,500 bond.

It's not Nixon's first brush with the law ... the 56-year-old -- who played 17 years in the big leagues -- was popped for cocaine possession back in 2013.

Shane Mosley's Wife I'M NO BIGAMIST ... Sues Boxer For Defamation

Published | Updated

Shane Mosley's wife is coming out swinging ... claiming the boxer DEFAMED her when he falsely claimed she was married to another man when they tied the knot in 2002 ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Jin Mosley just filed a lawsuit against Shane -- claiming he knew damn well her divorce from her previous husband Sanjay Dwivedi was granted in September 2002 ... two months before she married Shane.

Of course, this all became an issue when Shane began trashing Jin in public earlier this year -- telling multiple media outlets, including TMZ, that his marriage to Jin was bogus from the start because she was already hitched.

Jin admits there's a weird wrinkle to all of this -- because Sanjay got a second divorce judgment in 2006 for unknown reasons ... which may have confused Shane.

Still, Jin says Shane should have known the 2006 judgment was irrelevant because he saw official documentation which showed the divorce was granted by a judge in 2002.

Jin says Shane has destroyed her reputation -- and now she wants damages ... as in lots of money.

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Helps Save 'The Rock' ... Doggie Version

Published | Updated

A very sick pooch named Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is going to get a life-saving heart operation in the nick of time thanks to his namesake.

Dwayne, the dog, was all fur and bones with his mouth wired shut when L.A. shelter SPOT! found him. Turns out, Dwayne has a grade 6 heart murmur that requires a $4,500 surgery.

Someone started a GoFundMe page for the patient, and the two-legged Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson got wind of it. The actor has a real soft spot for dogs, and dropped $1,500 toward the $5k goal.

The Rock's not the only celeb to open his wallet ... we're told 'Real World' and "Hangover 2" star Jamie Chung donated $600 for a heart echo and x-rays.

As of now, the little guy's about $365 shy of the goal. The shelter plans on putting any extra cash it raises towards surgeries for other sick and injured dogs.

Kenyon Martin Master P Is Wrong Kobe Would Destroy You!

Published | Updated
112515_kenyon_martin_kobe_primary
HE'S DONE WHEN HE SAYS HE'S DONE

Master P is OUT HIS DAMN MIND if he thinks he could take Kobe Bryant in 1-on-1 ... so says someone who would know, ex-NBA star Kenyon Martin.

The #1 pick of the 2000 NBA Draft was out in L.A. when he told us straight up -- Kobe is still a monster and would wreck P if they ever crossed paths on the court.

Martin says he respects P ... but when it comes to this situation, it's laughable.

0_6kyeyeql
BRING IT ON

WNBA's Glory Johnson Pleads Guilty In Domestic Violence Case

Published | Updated

WNBA star Glory Johnson is finally paying the piper for her role in a domestic violence incident with her estranged WNBA star wife Brittney Griner -- but she won't do jail time ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Johnson -- who just gave birth to twins in October -- struck a plea deal with prosecutors in which she pled guilty to disorderly conduct ... and in exchange, the assault charge was dropped.

As part of her sentence, Johnson is required to complete a 6 month domestic violence program. She's also not allowed to own a firearm and was ordered to not harass Griner.

It's almost an identical sentence to the one Griner got in her plea deal stemming from the April incident at the couple's home in Arizona ... in which both women allegedly attacked each other.

Brittney suffered a bite wound and cuts in the fight ... Glory was bleeding from her lip.

Brittney and Glory got married shortly after the incident ... only to break up 28 days later. Their divorce is ongoing.

Frank Gifford Family Donates Brain 'He Suffered from CTE'

Published | Updated

Kathie Lee Gifford says her late husband Frank Gifford suffered from a traumatic brain injury most likely caused during his NFL career ... and has donated his brain to be studied.

Master P I CAN BEAT KOBE ... In 1-On-1

Published | Updated
0_6kyeyeql
BRING IT ON

Master P's throwing more shade at Kobe Bryant -- telling TMZ Sports he's old, he should retire ... and he's pretty confident he'd SMASH the Lakers superstar in a game of 1-on-1.

Greg Hardy Cancels Nightclub Event ... Promoter Says

Published | Updated

Cowboys star Greg Hardy has CANCELLED plans to host a Thanksgiving party at a Dallas nightclub over fear of more bad P.R. ... this according to the promoter and the club.

TBD nightclub in Dallas had been promoting the "Welcome to Dallas" event hosted by Hardy ... set to go down on Thursday night.

But according to the club promoter, Ron King, Hardy's people reached out on Monday and called the whole thing off ... explaining, "Greg can't do the party anymore."

"Greg's people said he was catching heat for having the party so he couldn't do it ... now I have to find some other big name Cowboys to sponsor it on short notice," King says.

TMZ Sports also spoke with club honchos who confirmed the whole thing.

We reached out to Greg's camp and the Dallas Cowboys -- all we got back was a statement from a team rep saying, "We’re not involved in that, so I guess whatever the promoters said is what you have to go with."

Charlie Hunnam My Dream Is to Fight Conor McGregor

Published | Updated
112415_charlie_hunnam_primary NOVEMBER 2015
WALKING IN HIS FOOTSTEPS

It's kind of a death wish ... and Charlie Hunnam knows it ... but the "Sons of Anarchy" star says he's dreamed of the chance to get in the Octagon with UFC superstar Conor McGregor.

Hunnam says he's a HUUUGE fan of Conor ... and watched a bunch of McGregor fight videos to help motivate him to get in shape for his new flick, "Knights of the Roundtable."

In fact, Hunnam says the Notorious One had such an impact on him during his training ... "In my mind I thought, 'Maybe I could fight Conor McGregor?!'"

Don't worry ... Hunnam's not crazy ... and says he knows EXACTLY how that fight would go.

Ya gotta watch the clip ... Hunnam predicts how long he thinks he would last in the cage. He may have overestimated.

Michael Sam 'I'm Single' Engagement Not Back On

Published | Updated
112515_michael_sam_primary
STILL READY TO MINGLE

So much for a reconciliation ...

Michael Sam tells TMZ Sports he and his ex-fiance Vito Cammisano are NOT back together ... despite the fact they hit the L.A. club scene together Sunday.

Michael and Vito broke off their engagement back in June ... 6 months after Michael popped the question.

They hooked back up to shoot an anti-bullying video last month ... and then were spotted out in Hollywood together having dinner and then hitting up a nightclub.

But Tuesday night, Sam told up there's no reconciliation ... and he's still on the hunt for Mr. Right.

Good luck ...

0_st5n4z3j
ON AGAIN, OFF AGAIN

Joseph Randle Arrested At Kansas Casino ... 'Assaulted Cop'

Published | Updated

Ex-Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle was arrested outside of a Kansas casino last night ... after he was told to leave and went berserk on cops on the way out ... TMZ Sports has learned.

We've confirmed ... 23-year-old Randle was arrested at 10:40 PM in front of the Kansas Star Casino in Mulvane, KS.

Sources at the casino tell us he was initially asked to leave for being too drunk -- but on the way out, spit on the floor and assaulted a security officer.

He was ultimately taken into custody and transported to a nearby jail on several charges -- including felony criminal threats, misdemeanor assault of a law enforcement officer, interference with a law enforcement officer, battery, disorderly conduct and criminal trespass.

Randle was being held on $25,000 bail, but he's since been released ... as photographed by KSN News in Kansas.

We spoke with Fred Waller -- an enforcement agent with the Kansas Gaming and Racing Commission -- who tells us Randle was belligerent on the casino floor and was asked to leave.

Waller says Randle initially left ... but then returned to the casino. He was confronted by a KGRC agent ... but instead of obeying the officer, Randle tried to fight him.

Other agents jumped in and took Randle into custody. He'll most likely be banned from the casino.

Randle has a history of legal issues -- he's on unsupervised probation in Texas for stealing underwear and cologne from a department store.

He was cut from the Cowboys earlier this season -- after Jerry Jones said he was concerned about Randle's mental health.

0_e655f4uu
CAUGHT RED HANDED

NFL's Stedman Bailey Video Of Bloody Crime Scene ... After Drive-By Shooting

Published | Updated

The concrete was spattered with blood outside the Miami Gardens home where St. Louis Rams WR Stedman Bailey was shot Tuesday night ... after a drive-by shooting left him and another man hospitalized.

A neighbor who says he spoke with police claims he was told officers counted 33 shell casings at the scene.

Bailey and another man were sitting in a car outside Bailey's family home when a car rolled up and opened fire at 8:45 PM ... striking Bailey twice in the head. The other driver was hit multiple times, reportedly while trying to shield two children in the car from the gunfire.

According to cops, the victims drove themselves to a nearby hospital for treatment. Bailey is listed in critical but stable condition and is set to undergo surgery early Wednesday morning.

Bailey's neighbor says the NFL player has a good reputation in the area and was not known for being involved in dangerous activity -- "he's a good guy."

So far, no arrests have been made -- but cops are on the hunt for a light colored Buick Regal.

Floyd Mayweather My Thanksgiving Weigh In 100lbs of Turkey!!!

Published | Updated

Floyd Mayweather is dropping a ridiculous $1,000 a plate on his Thanksgiving dinner, but it's going to be a knockout on the taste buds.

Rams Stedman Bailey Survives Multiple Gunshots ... TO THE HEAD!!

Published | Updated

St. Louis Rams receiver Stedman Bailey was shot twice in the head ... but has, so far, survived the attack.

Bailey was reportedly sitting in a car with 2 relatives in the Miami Tuesday night when the gunshots were fired. NFL Network says Bailey was a passenger in the car, and the driver was also shot multiple times. The driver apparently blocked Bailey from suffering more serious injuries.

The Rams say they've spoken with Bailey and he is in critical, but stable condition. His wounds are considered non-life threatening, and he'll undergo surgery Wednesday.

Bailey is a South Florida native who's been in the NFL since 2013. Still unclear who pulled the trigger and why ... police are investigating.

Gloria Estefan Dolphins Part-Owner Calls Out Team ... How Bout a Win?!

Published | Updated
112415_gloria_estefan_primary
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS ...

You know things are bad when your celebrity minority owner is begging her team for a VICTORY for her Xmas present.

That's what happened when we ran into Gloria Estefan in D.C. Monday. Of course, Gloria owns a piece of the Miami Dolphins ... who've lost 3 out of their last 4 games.

We brought up NY Giants owner Steve Tisch -- who recently told us he drops $30k per player when it comes to team gifts -- and asked if she plans to follow suit.

Short answer -- no.

In fact, she's calling out the team ... saying THEY need to play Santa Claus and deliver some damn wins down the chimney.