Lamar Odom Fighting for His Life Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel
11:00 PM PT -- Lamar is still in a coma and his heart is failing ... our source says he is having serious problems with his kidneys and lungs as well. Khloe Kardashian is currently by his side.
9:30 PM PT -- Lamar is still alive, but he is breathing with the assistance of machines and remains in critical condition ... according to sources close to the situation.
7:15 PM PT -- The Nye County Sheriff says the airlift of Lamar had to be scratched because his 6'10" frame was too big for the chopper. Instead, he was rushed by ambulance to a Las Vegas hospital.
The Sheriff also says the call came in at 3:15 PM for an unresponsive male at the Love Ranch. Paramedics treated Odom and he was taken to a nearby hospital. Sheriff's detectives conducted an investigation at the brothel. It's unclear what, if anything, they found on scene.
7:05 PM PT -- Sources tell us Khloe and Kim Kardashian ... as well as Kris Jenner are heading to Las Vegas shortly to see Lamar at the hospital.
Lamar Odom is fighting for his life after falling into unconsciousness at Dennis Hof's Love Ranch South in Pahrump, Nevada ... TMZ Sports has learned.
Sources at the Love Ranch tell us ... 35-year-old Odom arrived at the Ranch Saturday and was partying with the girls for days. A source at the Ranch said Lamar was taking an herbal substitute for Viagra.
We spoke with Hof ... who tells us Tuesday afternoon, a woman went into Odom's room in the VIP suites and found him unconscious.
We're told the woman began screaming for the manager -- who called 911.
The manager rolled Lamar over on his side and saw "mucus-type liquid coming out of his nose and mouth."
An ambulance took Lamar to Pahrump hospital, where doctors intubated him ... an indication he could not breathe on his own.
We're told Lamar is being airlifted from the hospital to Las Vegas for more treatment.
Our sources tell us, "It's not good."
We're told Lamar had been partying at the ranch by himself -- with no friends or entourage -- and is now alone at the hospital.
The ranch staff says they want to be in the room with Lamar but since they're not family they're not allowed.
Back in August ... Lamar told us how his life had gone downhill since the divorce from Khloe.
See also
Ty Lawson Accused of Vegas Hotel Attack ...NBA Star Says BS
The eye in the sky don't lie ... and it seems to have exonerated NBA star Ty Lawson -- who was accused of punching a security guard at the Wynn hotel in Vegas ... TMZ Sports has learned.
Here's what we know ... Lawson was named in a police report filed by 25-year-old Kyle Gardener -- who says Wynn management ordered him to stop Lawson from entering the casino on one of those motorized scooter board thingies on August 30th.
But in the report, Gardener says the Houston Rockets star blew him off, continued to scooter into the casino -- all while Ty's entourage shouted various threats his way.
Moments later, Gardener claims Lawson pulled a fistful of cash out of his pocket -- and said, "I make money you broke bitch, I'll kill you and your family. I got people believe me."
Gardener says Lawson then struck him in the right side of his forehead and left the building.
Gardener says he informed Wynn management and the LVMPD -- and says he's on medication as a result of injuries sustained from the incident.
But get this ... a rep for the LVMPD says cops pulled surveillance footage from the casino and say the video does NOT show Lawson ever striking the guard -- so the case was closed.
Ty's rep, Happy Walters, reinforced the point -- saying straight up, "Ty didn't hit anyone."
See also
Dez Bryant Not a Top 5 WR ... Says Julian Edelman
Well, this is interesting ...
New England Patriots star WR Julian Edelman was just asked to list his top 5 wide receivers in the NFL -- and guess who didn't make the cut? Dez Bryant.
Edelman was hosting an AMA on Reddit -- where he talked about everything from Bill Belichick's spirit animal (a crow), who's hotter Tom Brady or Jimmy Garoppolo (Team Tom) and some serious NFL stuff, including, "Who are your top 5 WRs?"
His response:
"odell, jordy nelson, steve smith, julio is a beast, demayrius thomas ... no particular order just guys that are"
Look, Julian's entitled to his opinion ... but Dez led the league in touchdowns last year with 16 ... 3 more than anyone else.
Other people who may have a beef with the list ... DeAndre Hopkins, A.J. Green, Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Brown ...
USC Football Scrambling to Save Recruits ... Please Don't Go!
It's DEFCON 1 at USC -- with several members of the football program reaching out the school's top recruits in the hopes they can talk the kids into sticking with the Trojans ... despite the P.R. nightmare.
One of the recruits SC is hoping to save is Josh Imatorbhebhe ... a 4-star WR, considered one of the best high school players in the country.
We spoke to Josh's mom Zizi who tells us the coaching staff reached out to Josh on Sunday and Monday to keep him in the loop about the situation with Steve Sarkisian and to let him know they still desperately want him on the team in the fall.
But Zizi says her family is waiting to see how things shake out before making a final decision.
"It's a challenging time, obviously, but we're waiting it out at this point. But [Josh] is going to have to keep his options open. That said, our family is solidly behind USC and the coaching staff."
Zizi adds, "[Josh] has been in contact with the other recruits, and they're going to reconsider also."
Another recruit SC is trying to salvage is Cary Angeline -- a 4-star tight end who has received offers from schools like Florida State, Alabama, Auburn and many, many more.
Cary's dad tells us his son got a call from SC's interim coach Clay Helton and the tight end coach -- both of whom assured the family the school is moving forward and "looking to win out this season."
So, where does Cary stand?
"USC is an awesome school with a great tradition, but we have to keep an eye on things."
SD Chargers WR Mouth Full of Diamonds 300 Stones In Custom Grill
Tough loss last night ... but here's something that might cheer up SD Chargers WR Keenan Allen -- his brand new fancy GRILL -- complete with 14k gold and roughly 300 DIAMONDS!!
TMZ Sports spoke with Avo at A Image Jewelry -- who's made grills for stars like Chris Brown and Kid Ink -- and he says KA recently hit him up requesting a special set for the 2015 season.
The result?! A sick gold base peppered in 3 karats worth of diamonds -- and we're told the whole thing runs in the $10,000 range!
Allen is a huge fan of mouth jewelry -- and has been seen out in some of his other A Image pieces (see below) ... but the new one is next level stuff.
See also
Dancing's Maksim Chmerkovskiy 'Hope Solo's a Sh**ty Person'
Maksim Chmerkovskiy HATES Hope Solo -- and is now blasting his former "Dancing with the Stars" partner as a "sh**ty person" and a liar who made his life a living hell.
Maksim and Hope were partners on the show back in 2011 -- and left on horrible terms ... with Solo later making claims in her book that M.C. slapped her in the face during rehearsals.
But moments ago, Maksim fired back on "Allegedly" -- a podcast hosted by Theo Von and Matthew Cole Weiss -- in which he denies the allegations and rips into the Team USA soccer star.
"She's just a sh**ty person," Maksim says. "You can have a sh**ty life growing up ... but if you're a bad person, there's no excuse for that."
Check out the clip -- Chmerkovskiy was asked to play a round of "F, Marry, Kill" ... and spoiler alert, Hope ain't gettin' a diamond ring from Maks anytime soon.
See also
Pat Haden Haven't Spoken with Sark Since Firing
USC athletic director Pat Haden says he spent 2 hours trying to call Steve Sarkisian yesterday to personally inform him he was fired ... but Sark never answered his phone ... so he went public instead.
Haden just spoke to the media ... and said once the decision had been made to get rid of Sark, he called, texted and even reached out to Sark's sister to get the coach on the phone -- but nothing worked.
Haden then issued a press release -- so, the assumption is Sark found out he got the ax at the same time everyone else did. Haden says he has still not spoken with Sark.
During the news conference, Haden also explained why he didn't fire Sark after he showed up drunk to a USC event back in August.
Haden says the two had a private conversation where Haden laid out his expectations for him as a coach -- because he truly believed Sark deserved a second chance.
Haden says Sark blew it over the weekend -- when he showed up to the USC football facility in bad shape.
Haden says he's determined to right the ship and insists the future of USC football is '"bright."
See also
USC President WE'RE NOT FIRING PAT HADEN 'Unwavering Support'
USC is standing behind Pat Haden -- with the president of the university saying he will NOT be firing the athletic director's ass in the wake of the Steve Sarkisian drama.
Haden's been in the crosshairs of several critics this week -- who think he should lose his job for not getting rid of Sarkisian back in August after the football coach showed up wasted to a school event.
But President Max Nikias has issued a strong statement essentially saying Haden's job is safe.
"As president of USC I am very, very fortunate to have Pat Haden as our Athletic Director -- as is the entire Trojan Family. He is a man of true character and integrity, he cares deeply for our student athletes, and he always makes their well-being his highest priority."
"Pat Haden has been doing an outstanding job in leading Trojan Athletics in the past five years and I want to take this opportunity to reiterate my unwavering support for him."
"I look forward to working with Pat Haden as our USC AD for many years to come."
See also
Steve Spurrier I'm Not a Good Coach Anymore 'Recruiting Liability'
Steve Spurrier says he's "resigning" as the head coach at the University of South Carolina because the team sucks ... and he thinks it's his fault ... and he wants to "get out of the way."
Spurrier just explained himself at a news conference -- saying he thinks the new coach Shawn Elliott will be able to breathe life back into the program.
He also says he's a "recruiting liability" because he's old -- 70 -- and it's hard to convince high school players that he'll be around for 5 more years.
Spurrier says this year's team isn't as good as he thought they would be -- but says things could be different under new leadership.
Spurrier also says he's not retiring, he's resigning ... and may coach high school football in the future.
"It's time for me to move on and it's time for South Carolina to start rebuilding."
See also
USC Football Starting Players Considering Transferring
It's not just recruits USC needs to worry about losing -- the parents of several current players, including starters, have told us they are "re-evaluating" whether or not to stay at SC next season following the Steve Sarkisian saga.
Everyone we spoke with expressed disappointment in the USC football program -- with one parent telling us, "We feel let down by the coaching staff."
Here are some of the stronger quotes:
"My son turned down several schools to come play for Coach Sarkisian. He told us [our son] would learn how to become a responsible young man but his actions haven't been a good example. After this season, we will be re-evaluating whether or not to come back to the school."
Another parent told us, "I am just very disappointed in the whole program. I thought this would be a great fit for my son but I can see things much clearer now ... and it's not. I don't know if it's going to get any better."
"My son's high school team was more disciplined than the USC football program."
SC's athletic director Pat Haden fired Sarkisian on Monday -- and we're told the coaching hunt is already in full swing. One SC source tells us the school is looking for a "big name coach ... maybe someone from the NFL."
Stay tuned ...
related articles
Boxer Amir Khan Mayweather 'Chickened Out' ... Refuses to Fight Me
Boxing superstar Amir Khan has a pretty insulting message for Floyd Mayweather -- Cluck. Cluck. Cluck.
The 28-year-old champ is seriously pissed off at Floyd -- and Manny Pacquiao -- calling them both out for refusing to fight him in the ring ... and comparing Mayweather to poultry in the process.
"I wanted the Floyd Mayweather fight," Khan told Boxing News ... "Floyd in a way he chickened out, he didn’t give me the fight. Three years he was saying he was going to give me the fight, then he didn’t give me the fight."
When the Mayweather fight fell through, Khan turned his attention to Pacquiao -- but that deal fell apart earlier this month, with Khan claiming Pacman was dragging his feet.
"I am not going to wait around for Manny like I did for Mayweather," Khan told The National ..."I am willing to fight anyone, but it seems not everyone is willing to fight me."
See also
Ronda Rousey Confirms Relationship with UFC Star ... 'It's True'
Turns out, Travis Browne was telling the truth ... the UFC star really is in a full blown relationship with Ronda Rousey -- so says Ronda herself.
After Browne went public about it yesterday ... saying Ronda is his woman and he's her man ... Ronda issued a confirmation to ESPN saying, "It's true that Travis and I are in a relationship."
Ronda explained, "I don't talk about my personal life much. That's why it's called 'personal life" ... but added, "I've really enjoyed the time we have spent together and getting to know one another. And that's all I'm going to say about it."
See also
NFL's Josh Gordon I'm Busting My Ass ... for NFL Return
Josh Gordon has been hittin' the weights ... hard ... killing himself to get ready for his NFL comeback in 2016 -- and judging by the footage of his workouts, dude looks ready to go.
The Cleveland Browns wide receiver was suspended for the 2015 season for violating the substance abuse rules -- but he's vowed to make a comeback and it looks like he's taking things seriously.
Gordon's agent Drew Rosenhaus previously told us the 24-year-old is keeping his nose clean and "doing all the things he has to do to get ready. We fully anticipate him being back for the 2016 season."
See also
Ronda Rousey Marine Concerned After BF Revelation 'Hope She Doesn't Back Out'
A wise Batman villain once said, "Never rub another man's rhubarb" -- which is why the marine who asked out Ronda Rousey is concerned that their date to his Marine Corps Ball could be called off.
Michael Irvin Terrell Owens Can't Help The Cowboys ... 'Cause He's Ancient
Michael Irvin says T.O.'s initials have a brand new meaning ... Too Old ... 'cause he thinks the former NFL great is a little too long in the tooth to help the injury ravaged Dallas Cowboys.
Of course, 41-year-old Terrell has been ADAMANT he can still hang in the league ... and recently had his agent hit up the Cowboys to start a dialogue about filling in for Dez Bryant who's out with an injury.
So, we asked The Playmaker about the situation at LAX ... and spoiler alert, Terrell is NOT gonna like his answer.
BTW, check out this clip of Owens putting his skills on display recently -- dude still looks pretty spry to us.
See also
Roger Goodell Hey Commish ... Can I Get a Selfie?!
See, people still like Roger Goodell ... especially in New York, where the NFL commissioner snapped selfies with fans at the big Giants vs. 49ers game.
We spoke with Torrey O'Brien -- who was sitting near Goodell's box last night when he called Roger over and asked for a pic. Goodell obliged ... and according to Torrey, he couldn't have been nicer.
"Totally nice guy ... very nice to everyone. He shook hands with people and signed autographs."
We're told Goodell also spent some time talking with Eli Manning's family ... the only guy who's ever really been able to beat Tom Brady on the big stage.